• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Start of a Flare or Something That I Ate?

Hello everyone!

Last night I had shakshuka which has eggs in it. I normally don't eat eggs but I had it anyway. All last night I had stomach discomfort and gas. I thought I would've been better by now but I still has some discomfort where my Crohn's usually is (in the jejunum). I am on Stelara (every 6 weeks) and I feel like I am in a remission. So I would like to hear some opinions, do you think this is a start of a flare or just something I ate from last night? Yesterday I saw my GI doctor and everything felt great and I haven't had a symptom since June 2017.

Thank you so much!

Scipio

I think it's really difficult for any of us to guess which it is. I suppose the thing to do would be to wait a few days and see if it clears up. If the trouble goes away pretty quickly then it's probably just something you ate. If it hangs on and on and especially if it keeps getting worse then it might be a flare and you need to follow-up with your GI.

Hello everyone!

Last night I had shakshuka which has eggs in it. I normally don't eat eggs but I had it anyway. All last night I had stomach discomfort and gas. I thought I would've been better by now but I still has some discomfort where my Crohn's usually is (in the jejunum). I am on Stelara (every 6 weeks) and I feel like I am in a remission. So I would like to hear some opinions, do you think this is a start of a flare or just something I ate from last night? Yesterday I saw my GI doctor and everything felt great and I haven't had a symptom since June 2017.

Thank you so much!
If it persists for much longer, I would contact your gi . Hope you are better soon.

Okay I was thinking the same thing. I always get nervous whenever I start to get stomach pain and thinking its a flare! It has been getting better so I'm thinking I just can't eat eggs! Thank you so much for the replies, Scipio and ronroush7!

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I felt so bad after lunch and all night couldn't sleep. I ate a pork rib for lunch my husband bbqed. It didn't bother me Mon but it did yesterday. Question since im new to this..

Does CD cause heart burn or indigestion??

Kept burping, bad burning pain in stomach all the way up to throat. Then started vomiting acid made it worse. Nothing but stomach acid coming out.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I felt so bad after lunch and all night couldn't sleep. I ate a pork rib for lunch my husband bbqed. It didn't bother me Mon but it did yesterday. Question since im new to this..

Does CD cause heart burn or indigestion??

Kept burping, bad burning pain in stomach all the way up to throat. Then started vomiting acid made it worse. Nothing but stomach acid coming out.
I think it can be part of it.

cmack

Staff member
I have a type of IBD, it is suspected to be CD, however it's not yet proven to be. I have had issues with the acidic stomach and vomiting before from foods (sometimes wasn't sure why). I think if I ate BBQ pork right now it might still cause trouble.

Bufford

Pork is a meat that I avoid, I suspect it is because of the fat content. I eat mainly chicken and fish, and periodically some beef. I find that eating smaller portions helps, doing so I have 4 meals per day.

Was just coming on here to post a similar topic to this. Been in remission for over 3 years but the last few days I've had a lot of d and stomach pain. Normally once a day so this is unusual for me and it has been very liquidy. Can't think of anything different I've ate, but it's only been going on a few days so will see if it improves.

Was just coming on here to post a similar topic to this. Been in remission for over 3 years but the last few days I've had a lot of d and stomach pain. Normally once a day so this is unusual for me and it has been very liquidy. Can't think of anything different I've ate, but it's only been going on a few days so will see if it improves.
If it doesn't improve soon, let your gi know.

cmack

Staff member
It could be a one off. I hope it's just a minor virus or something. I agree with Ron, don't let it go on too long without seeing a doc, just in case. I wish you the best.

Bufford

Monitor your symptoms, perhaps cut back on food and let your bowels rest by eating smaller portions and foods you know are safe. Be kind to yourself by resting up and avoid exertion for awhile until condition improves. Call you doctor if you have any concerns.

Lynda Lynda

I have UC and acid reflux. Also, I have not been able to eat eggs for years and I cannot eat ham or pork ribs or bacon. I just avoid all pork products just to be safe. Take care and I hope you feel better soon. ( I sure miss food :cry: )