Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Flour substitute for scd

01-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
wqcoleman

flour substitute for scd

I can't eat nuts or almonds, alergic to them - including squash

I'm wondering about some wheat/gluten free products have some hope?

http://www.glutenfreeflour.com/ingredients.asp

I know that some of the items are "no-no's" for SCD - but has anyone had any luck with a replacement that did not trigger a reaction?

I like to make Chicken Marsala (needs flour - most of it is used for fusing). But I wonder if a small amount might hit me hard.

I also love Pasta, and I was looking for a SCD compliant pasta, one is made out of Quinoa, but that's a starch and hence illegal, but I wonder if others have tried it and had some success with it?

Thanks,
01-01-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
shazamataz

I had the same issue as you when looking at SCD as I am allergic to nuts!

To be honest I expect that you can do the diet not 100 % and it will still make a difference. The 100% part is what puts people off. Like if you don;t do everythign EXACTLY as instructed you will not get better!

I'd say if you haven;t had any issues with flour etc in the past, then using small amounts would be okay.

Just my 2 cents anyway
01-01-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
Tan

On another SCD thread someone mentioned they use coconut flour?? Im not sure whether you are allergic to this as well??

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Flour substitute for scd