• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

Hi ,
New to this forum stuff. Where do i start? Am A 49 year old male. 2-3 years ago started having joint pain , tired, stomach problems, and of course bathroom problems. My dr sent me to gastroligist. lots of test he says i have uc. lots of pills and problems not getting much better. last week decided to get 2 opinion. Different , this dr is leaning toward crohns . So different pills. and tests . Either way this stuff sucks!!!!

Welcome aboard

hope ya find out the cause of ya problems and can get ontop of the situation soon
yea it's not a nice predicament too be in

Astra

hiya Jonr
and welcome
lots of help here and guidance, and belly laughs too!
hope you find relief soon
besta luck

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: to the forum! You have found a place where everyone is here to give you their experiences and trial& errors. I too have Crohns and just dx with Colitis. Most people dont get it in the latter part of your life, but nevertheless it can pop up anywhere, anytime, any age. It is a frustrating disease because as much as we try to control it and watch our diets, it still remains a mystery to most of us. Try to live your day, as much as possible, it does get better when you get the right meds. Hang in there, lots of support and as others have mentioned some laughs only we can understand :emot-monocle:

Take care, keep us updated!

Hi johnr!

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your struggles - like Jettalady said, it really does get better once you and your docs figure out the best meds for you. I'm glad you found this forum!

Sabrina

-----------------------------------
IBD since 1990 (currently diagnosed as Crohn’s)
Blood clots 12/2009 (DVT and bilateral PE)
Medicines:
Prednisone: 20mg/day (of please let me start tapering soon!)
6MP: 75mg/day
Trazodone: 100mg/night (because pred messes with my sleep)
Warfarin: 12.5mg/day (anticoagulant - because of blood clots)

Ethel: “So, is everything okey-dokey?” Lucy: “No, it’s inky-stinky” ~ from an old I Love Lucy episode.

Hi jonr
welcome to the forum alot of people here have aworld of info that can be shared.
Browse around and you'll see what I mean

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm still fairly new here but so far everyone has been really nice and helpful. There hasn't been a concern or question asked that has gone by unanswered. There's always someone on here who's been through it or has been there countless times. I hope you find this place to be as helpful as I have.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
:welcome: Jon......Sorry you are a member of the IBD club. I hope they can give you some meds that help get things back to normal for you.....Tests are the worst!

Thanks, I don't feel so alone with this. Some of the post have some pills I reconize. Such as encort, predinsone, lactinex, sucralfate, dicyclomine, omeprazole,asacol ciprofloxacin metrondazole cephalexin, levaquin, . The 2 opinion Dr switched me over to penesta, and diphenoxylate. so far I feel okay. Has any one got an opinion on penesta? Thank you. jr.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi jonr -welcome to the forum.
Hopefully the pentasa will kick in for you quickly. I was on it for quite some time, and it treated me very well. Hope it does to you too.
Any other questions - just ask. Take a look around, there is plenty of great advice here.
Good to have you here.
MBH

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Jonr , I just was on Pentasa and Entocort but because they are a mild to moderate drug, I ended up back on Prednisone. Pentasa is the first choice of drugs for most patients, and they go from there. Hopefully it should do the trick for you! Just remember, we are all different and react different, it could be your drug!

Astra

hiya Jon

yeah Pentasa is ok, but it's like a maintenance med, but no good on it's own, not strong enough, in my opinion.
besta luck

Hi there Jonr,

Welcome to our community where everyone cares about how you feel. I know how frustrating all of this must be for you.
This is still the initial stage you're in though so don't be too hard on yourself. Once you get a confirmed diagnosis we'll figure out a way forward.

Keep us informed.

Welcome! I hope they get you on a med that works well for you very soon! Once you get there you may find that this disease can be manageable! Good luck.

Hey Jonr ! I am glad you found this site as you not alone in dealing with Crohn`s. Everyone here has gone through the same emotions and to some degree the same symptoms as well. Glad you received a second opinion as Crohn`s is often misdiagnosed. It is easy to say but don`t get to stressed out over this as yes this can be an insidious disease but with good Dr.,treatment,support,and positive outlook it will be much easier to cope and manage. I know it might seem to "suck" but we are all here to support you and with the wealth of information here I`m sure we can help.