• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story -

L

leonghoward

I have had "d" stomach problem as a child . Diagnosed with Crohns approx. 10 yrs ago. Tried the usual meds worked up to Remicade two yrs ago.
Great stuff after yearr I thought it wasn't working started having arthritis pain. GI doc sent me to rheum. doctor. End up couple months later in intensive care , I have another immune disorder called Adult Onset Still's Disease. An chronic arthritis , filled my heart and lung with fluid. I was given prednisone and stopped Remicade . The pred. took care of both Crohns and Stills for year. Now tapering pred ( down to 3 mg) and take 20mg methotrexate. Now the Crohns is roaring. I had my first fissure( OUCH )last month. Now its better and time for another colonoscopy .

BTW - love this forum

S

Skinsfan1229

Welcome to the Crohnsforum leonghoward!

I'm sure you'll find the forum interesting, informative, and useful in a lot of cases. Hope to see you stick around.

D

DannyB

Hello and welcome to the forums, good to see you have joined us!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear that the Crohn's is flairing again, but hopefully you can still get of prednisone and achieve remission.

I am also glad you enjoy the forum :).

V

Valentina

hi and welcome! I hope you can figure out a new drug treatment that will work for you. must be very frustrating to have to go through something else that prevents you from treatment that was helping. sorry, and good luck.

F

flying4frogs

Welcome to the forum.

Look forward to your insite and comments.

Best Health
Flying Frog

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Leon, Great to meet you..and Welcome to Our Home. It sure is a great place to be. Good luck with the test, and keep us informed ok?

L

leonghoward

My colonoscopy

Ew!! mag citrate is nasty too.... but my test came out clear no inflamation or nothing... so what s up my intestines.... maybe something in the biopsies...

K

kix66

Hey Leon! Glad your test went okay! Keep us posted on the biopsies!

leonghoward said:
I have had "d" stomach problem as a child . Diagnosed with Crohns approx. 10 yrs ago. Tried the usual meds worked up to Remicade two yrs ago.
Great stuff after yearr I thought it wasn't working started having arthritis pain. GI doc sent me to rheum. doctor. End up couple months later in intensive care , I have another immune disorder called Adult Onset Still's Disease. An chronic arthritis , filled my heart and lung with fluid. I was given prednisone and stopped Remicade . The pred. took care of both Crohns and Stills for year. Now tapering pred ( down to 3 mg) and take 20mg methotrexate. Now the Crohns is roaring. I had my first fissure( OUCH )last month. Now its better and time for another colonoscopy .

BTW - love this forum

Prednisone is quite a phenomenal drug. Too bad it had side affects. Hang in there.

Karen said:
WELCOME ABOARD ... I am sure that you will find the awnsers that you are looking for here & I will pray for you that you will find the help that your looking for too.

Hi Karen
I can use all the prayers you can send this way. They are appreciated and back at you too!

leonghoward said:
Ew!! mag citrate is nasty too.... but my test came out clear no inflamation or nothing... so what s up my intestines.... maybe something in the biopsies...

Mag citrate certainly will clean you out. HAH! Next time mix it with 7 UP/Sprite or Ginger ale.

Hold your nose when you drink it. just thinking about it makes me salivate. UGGGG!

Hope your news is good!