• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Im New irish as the name suggests lol

hello there..So Anyway.. the username comes from what has given me the courage to register i have been lurking here for quite a while.. i can safely say i went from knowing nothing to knowing a hell of alot in the space of the last few weeks reading this website.. which is a huge credit to the folks who are members who are on here...honestly i cannot say enough about your kindness and empathy towards your fellow person.. i have to say it is truly amazing how you cope in such adversity..

So anyway my name is mark im 25 from dublin in ireland..my fun started in 2007 when i had a dose of the trots as we call them but strange enough i dont recall any pain from this i just remember alot of trips to the toilet ( or jax as we know it here lol )...i was told i had reflux grade B which wasnt anything out of the ordinary seen as alot of my dads side of the family suffer from the exact same thing so off i go back to life with the new situation of taking ant acids everyday nexium 40 mg which served me great for a while..

so i took them up until i started my new job in november this year when all of a sudden i had to go to the jax :poo: alot in the morning which graduated to most of the day maybe 10 times a day it gets hard to count after so many trips but the new phenomenon was the intense pain i felt in the lower right hand side of my stomach espically when trying to get the train across the city to get to work anxiety levels through the ceiling which i never experienced before...so i worked for about two months like this till eventually i snapped around christmas time and went to the docs..explained the fatigue,freaky lookin stuff when there was no poo like yellowy stuff/trying to go.. and he says sounds like chrons i say whats chrons he explained a little but i picked alot of my info from here..

so i thought i could cut a long story short but its quite obvious i couldnt lmao..im still waiting on my diagnosis but my GP is 100% that its chrons but to add to the nightmare i have had to wait over two months for my results due to a go slow work to rule payment dispute that is going on at the moment..i hope to get them tomorrow but will not hold my breath..

he he just read through that wow i waffled but anyway thanks for listening :)

ameslouise

Hi Mark and welcome! Glad you finally decided to join us! Good luck with your diagnosis - though it sounds like you are pretty sure what it is. You're in good company :)

Hope you get on some good meds and start feeling better soon!

- Amy

ameslouise said:
Hi Mark and welcome! Glad you finally decided to join us! Good luck with your diagnosis - though it sounds like you are pretty sure what it is. You're in good company :)

Hope you get on some good meds and start feeling better soon!

- Amy

Cheers amy :) well im im going on my GP with the certainty on the diagnosis, he aint backing down on chrons so i guess ill know sooner or later with the way the system is over here at the moment :eek2:

i forgot to mention in all my ramblings i had a colonoscopy done in 07 and in january just gone which im waiting for results from lol so happy days awaiting

thanks for the good whishes its very kind of you

Hello Mark!
Just a quick welcome to the Crohn's Forum!!

Please let us know what your test results show..
I think you will find a lot of useful information here
and meet some new friends along the way.

Once again~Welcome :)
Nancy

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Guinness Welcome! :) Crohn's is hard to diagnose and I am waiting for results of a CT scan, to confirm no narrowing or more ulcers. I had a colonscopy but he tells me right then and there. Which to me should of been the other way around. Also a sigmoid, scope last month but proved that a suspected Colitis was negative...whew, thank goodness.

It is hard when you are young but a good thing is to be careful what you eat. Dairy products and wheat are best avoided.

Ha, btw we say trots too lol. Also I have a bit of Irish in me... when I am on my broom :tongue: . Kidding.

There are so many people here to greet you and help you in anyway we can. I have been here 2 years and still learning... glad you found us! Let us know your results!

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Welcome, Mark! I am also awaiting final dx, as are numerous others on this site. We'll get answers soon enough! (And then....pain relief! Eh?)

Astra

Hi Mark
and welcome

Glad you've stopped lurking! And fab to have a fellow Brit on board too! :)
there's a wealth of tips, advice, support on here, and belly laughs too!

Good luck with your dx, and hopefully new meds too, and altho we slag the NHS, thank god you're in the UK, as you will see from our fellow Crohnies across the pond, and the difficulty with insurance. :(

lotsa luv
Joan xxx

hey folks,

thanks alot for all the welcomes.

so since my colonoscopy last month which they found inflammation during, i forgot to say that the other night and took biopsies off, which i was due to get the results of two weeks later but never arrived. so i have spent the last month waiting for them and finally got a call from my GP yesterday telling me that i need to contact the GI's receptionist to find out if i need to make an appointment or have the results sent to my GP.

great im thinkin i will just ring up and sort it out so i ring the number ask for my GI's reception and the girl answers the phone "im sorry but mr broe's receptionist is not in work this week" i would have got angry but i found it funny nothing works in this country lol.the girl was nice on the phone though and took my phone number and said she will see my GI on tuesday an show him my file to find out whats goin on with my dx an give me a call back tuesday afternoon to let me know so i guess another few days cant hurt :)

@astra
I’m in the republic of Ireland so no NHS here unfortunately they have it in the north of Ireland as that is part of the UK but we have a seperate system and from what i have found out Chrons isn’t recognised on the medication plan that we have although im still looking into it.its hard to find out info at the moment with the work to rule strike they have goin on at the moment. we also have medical cards which means it would be free to visit my docs and that but not sure on the meds bit yet. i have applied for it so if i can get that it will help a bit but i know there is loads of conditions for it so won’t be holding my breath.

Astra

H Mark

Yes I sussed that out on the Govt funding thread!
lotsa luck with your application Mark
xx

Hey mark, fellow dub here. I just joined the site too. Just trying to get through the leaving cert without dying lol. You don't go to the beacon do you? Your woman in there is a tyrant!

blah161 said:
Hey mark, fellow dub here. I just joined the site too. Just trying to get through the leaving cert without dying lol. You don't go to the beacon do you? Your woman in there is a tyrant!
Alright blah, a fellow dub great stuff :ycool:
no i dont got to the beacon, i was in beaumount hospital not very happy with them at the moment im switching to another dr.were bouts in dublin are you from? im from coolock on the northside.id say its tough trying to get through the leaving while living with chrons sorry to hear that,im sure you will do grand try not to worry about it too much though i do remember how stressfull the leaving cert was :)

an update on my situation,i called the hospital on tuesday and had lengthy conversation about my missing results and all the girl would say was i missed an appointment for the 9th of feb,the only problem with that is i had my scope done on the 12th so i missed an imaginary appointment:eek2: .long story short she said that the letter i recieved from the doc was the end of the tests, the problem with that is my GP has not recieved any results and gets told the same whenever he rings so i back in limbo :lol: .

anyway my GP is setting up another appointment with a different GI to get a second opinion and hopefully some results this time.so its another great day of klean prep in the not to distance future for me.