• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To Forum

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease about 15 years ago. I have been on virtually all the medications for Crohn's Disease without much luck apart from high dose Predinose. I have had two bowel resections of my large intestine.

Eventually I turned to Natural therapies to see if they would be able to help me, fr many years I was largely unsuccessful with that as well. Eventually though through just not giving up and sticking at it I was able to get off all my medication and keep my Crohn's in remission. I have now been off medication for about 4 years and feel better for it.

I hope to be of help to people in the forum and maybe through my experiences be able to pass something along of value.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on no meds, hope it continues. I wish I could do the same, I also have done everything, you name the drugs, holistic, diets, acupuncture, therapy... still waiting. Lots of people here to welcome you.

Astra

Hi Andy
and welcome

Well done, no meds! I don't think I'm brave enough to try that one!
But I would like to read all about your therapies on the forum
see you around
xx

Hi Andy, and welcome to the forum. I tried going without meds once... lasted about 2 months and then regretted it! LOL I wish you continuing success. =)

Hi Andy, and welcome!

I'm w/ Dustin. Tried it and caused myself some serious issues. I'm interested in what you have done to keep off meds, as now I'm off meds since I just had surgery to remove all my inflamed areas, I'm working with doctors to come up with the best post-op therapy.

Alex

LOSTnut

Poopy
Hi Andy -- I sure would like to hear about the miracle of staying off all meds too. In comparison to many here I am a "light" case and "only" on Azathioprine and monthly Cimzia, but I cannot imagine getting off everything.

I had 4 years of remission and most of it was drug free. All my remissions have been medically induced, but I had the longest remission using natural maintainance therapies, so I do believe they have value.

I used whole foods, omega 3 fish oil, vitamins, probiotics and turmeric for my remission along with regular visits to the chiropractor. When my flare was still mild I found slippery elm and aloe vera to be pretty soothing.

I am flaring pretty bad right now, so my GI and I decided to take an aggressive approach to try and put me in remission again. I am optimistic most of the time. I have always responded well to treatment in the past so I think this time will be the same.

I hope your remission lasts a long time. Its nice to have a break from this disease.