Share Facebook

04-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #31
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

girn said:
Congrats I had a baby 18 months ago and was fine the entire pregnancy. Afterwards I developed a r-v fistula, and also numerous vulvar inflammations that I believe are what is referred to as metastatic crohn's disease. Whether or not it had anything to do with pregnancy and birthing a child, I don't know what to think about that.
I did read in numerous places that people with IBD tend to have smaller babies. My little girl was 20 inches and 5pounds, 14 ounces. She was long, but very skinny, so for me, that was definitely true. She has since shot up to the 80th percentile in weight and 75th for height, so she didn't stay tiny!
Hmmm.. I had not heard of the smaller babies theory. My daughter was 5 pounds 14 ounces too! And my son (pre-diagnosis and symptoms) was 7lbs 15 oz. I had low amniotic fluid with her, so no idea if the sulfa meds caused that or if that contributed to her lower weight.
I also have a r-v fistula, but it wasn't due to the birth. It developed between children.
Congrats again, good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!
04-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #32
Tan

I have read somewhere that it is preferred to do a c-section on people with Crohns then a natural birth as the stress and strain on the body can cause issues? Not sure if this is true or not.
04-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #33
seb

Congrats. i have 2 little ones, and they are great fun ! also i had very big babies.. i also have had a resection done many yrs ago, and managed to deliver both of them in quick natural labours..
04-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #34
tamesis

Of course I told you all first! You are my Crohnie family. And safe, I know that word won't get out before i'm ready.

So, it appears i'm about 5 weeks, so pretty early....here I was worried I was closer to ten, shows how much I pay attn. to periods! Anyways, looks like according to that I'll be due early December, but i'll let the docs calculate that for me. :P LOL. Lines up pretty well with symptoms and such though. I have a small uterine bleed, but she said that's pretty normal, and I haven't had any spotting so i'm not too worried.

I've been feeling pretty good actually, the crohns seems to be more or less in check! Although I don't know if this weird tummy feeling is from the Crohns or the Pregnancy...LOL. It just feels really unsettled, if that makes sense. Not nauseous or anything, just unsettled. Hopefully things stay that way! I will continue to update, thanks again everyone for all the support and stories.
04-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #35
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

The baby pool is on!

I am still guessing Nov 28th 2010

6lbs 13 ounces

I will put the sex of the baby as soon as you tell me if your hubby has a crop of hair or thinning on head and chest.. can't give all my secrets away!

Last edited by Crohn's 35; 04-02-2010 at 09:29 AM.
04-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #36
Cookie

Jettalady said:
T

I am still guessing Nov 28th 20010
Pen, that was both of my grandfathers' birthday! My mom's dad was born on a Thanksgiving and weighed 11 lbs 12 oz. He joked that he was the turkey.
04-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #37
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

Holy cow! My nephew (3rd born) was in Sept and he was 12 lbs! That is heavier than a 10 pin bowling ball!
04-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #38
Cookie

Funny thing is, he was only like 5'5 and I'm pretty sure he never weighed over 150 lbs in his life.
04-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #39
merrywidow
mum with a dogdy tum

congrats,
baby wieght 6.2
date of birth 6 november, one day after fireworks night.
babys sex girl

fred (stoma) was born on sept 10th 2003

life is like a loo roll, the nearer to the end you get the faster it goes.

memories are what makes life, life is what makes memories, make them good

sharon x
04-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #40
Lydia

Tan said:
I have read somewhere that it is preferred to do a c-section on people with Crohns then a natural birth as the stress and strain on the body can cause issues? Not sure if this is true or not.
If you have had fistulas they do not recommend vaginal birth. You can develop a anal-vaginal fistula if you tear during birth. You are also at higher risk for anal incontinance if you deliver vaginally. I had a c-section with my DD because I have a history of fistulas.

I will guess 6 lb 5 oz. Thats how big my baby was. lol.

Last edited by Lydia; 04-03-2010 at 04:22 PM.
04-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #41
Jennjenn

I am very happy for you and your husband!