An Endoscopy is a means of looking inside the body using an endoscope. For example, a colonoscopy would be an endoscopic procedure. On this forum, endoscopy is usually referred to mean the procedure where a camera is passed down the patient's throat, through the esophagus and stomach and into the small intestine (a panendoscopy
- Allows real time monitoring of abdominal processes
- Results are instant
- Images are high resolution and true colour
- Can be used to diagnose illnesses which exist alongside (and can aggravate) IBDs.
- Can find signs of Crohn's disease outside of the ileum and colon.
- Can only examine small portions of the upper digestive tract
Popular Threads Discussing Endoscopy