• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wel..ive got my date through

B

Babe123

wel..ive got my date through

for my pill camera test, its on 26th november in sheffeild!

im so nervous. but excited. i donbt know if i want them to find anything.. on one hand if they do then atleast ill know why im feeling so ill but i want to have nothing wrong with me!

:(

and.. ive learnt never to eat cheese and mayonaise together.. since i ate only a teaspoon of it on monday ive felt so ill! nausea, stomach ache irregular bowel patturns.. and for some reason my joints hurt. and im light headed which sucks
x

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
if they find something they can "fix" it cant they? if they find nothing then you will always be ill.
sharon xx

C

CazMc

Good luck!! I have never had one of those so I have no idea what they are like but I am sure you will be fine. Let us know how you get on x

good luck Laura.. i hope the results do pinpoint whats wrong.. you've suffered long enough not knowing whats going on. hope the test goes ok - i've not had one either, in fact i only heard of this test when i joined the forum here.

keep us posted x

Good news Laura. Hopefully it will pinpoint what's wrong and you can start treatment to get better.

I know you're scared, I was sort of scared my first time too. It really is an easy process though. Get the prep done, get plenty of rest the night before and just don't think about the camera, gulp and be done!

My thoughts are definitely with you and hope that you start to feel better.

well i hope they don't find crohn's. i hope they find something fixable! you've been so strong during all that you've been through. it's time for some answers. good luck!

B

Babe123

thank you

i hope it isnt crohns too.. my friend has suffered alot with it and it scares me :( i cant swallow big tablets.. my GI said it would only be a tiny tablet the size of a cod liver oil.

hopefully it will find out whats up.. cant be ill for no reason.

can i drink water even though i cant eat? the woman said i couldnt drink anything i think :(

im not looking forward to the prep... its wasnt too bad at first but then it was just painful going the loo every 5 minutes
x

During my colonoscopy prep a few days ago I nearly called 911 because I thought my intestines were about to rupture. 3 hours before I had a BM and I could feel the plug as it wound its way back and forth through my intestines.

The colonoscopy found nothing but given the near-death experience from the prep I've got a patency study on the 17th. You swallow a barium pill and watch it to see if it gets stuck. Fortunately, if it does get stuck the barium pill will dissolve given time so there's no great danger. I didn't realize they did these until I was told to get one. It makes perfect sense though. I'm surprised it's not standard procedure for pill cams and crohn's disease. Now I'd always ask for one if my doctor brought up a pill cam.

Then I've got my Pill Cam on the 21st if the barium pill doesn't get stuck. I'm starting to look forward to it. Luckily its not going to be very time consuming and I work in the hospital so I may be able to run up stairs and do it on a break and not miss out on any work.

I'll let you know how mine goes a few days before yours.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Good luck Laura! Maybe you can practice swallowing peanut M&Ms unti then. They are kind of big.
I hope you get your answers - then you can tell your family for real what is wrong (they doubted you if I remember correctly) and start better treatment.
Let us know how it turns out!!

B

Babe123

thats a good idea.. i will practice that, they said if i really cant swalow it they will sedate me and attach it to a endoscope thing and put it in that way.

thank you.. let me know how it goes? the stuff ive got to drink is different from last time. hope it doesnt taste horrible

if they say nil by mouth after 9pm am i not even allowed tiny sips of water in the morning? or to suck on a boiled sweet?
x

Yes you can drink water or other clear liquids such as broth. No soda pop or anything red or purple such as sports drinks as it ends up appearing to look like blood. It was a super good suggestion to test with peanut m and m's as those are almost exactly the size of the camera.

Here is what it looks like.

B

Babe123

oo it doesnt look too bad.. ill jsut have to close my eyes and hope i swallow it without it getting stuck.

ive got some jelly.. will yellow be ok? and ive got lemon lucozade to drink :D

my boyfriend ses hese lookin forward to the prep ( not) because i got really aggitated the last time cos i was hungry and kept snapping at him
x

yellow jelly (jello to the US) should be fine. just nothing that's red or purple!

when do you start the prep?

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Ha! You took a photo of the pillcam. That's great! Was that before or after you took the test? (Eww...just kidding)

B

Babe123

haha.

erm... the day before it ses. ive got to miss college dont fancy going in whilst doin the prep lol!

the intructions are a bit vaguer than the one i had for my colonscopy
x

Right before I took it Fenway haha. Although I purposely ate nothing until it passed because I *almost* fished it out (it was clean) and thought of keeping it.

B

Babe123

haha lol. howcome you didnt keep it?

when i was litte i swallowed 5p and my mums stil got that lmao
x

what is 5p?

Good luck on the pill cam, sounds awesome.
Don't you have the pills aver there for prep? I think they're called osmoprep, they are a little big but much tastier than the liquid;)

B

Babe123

i dont know about the pills. i had picolx for my colonoscopy and it tasted ok.

5p is money about a cm wide and cm high. meand my sister were playing medicins with money lol
x

I don't know why I didn't keep it. The first 2 I did I couldn't see since I had eaten after swallowing them. I guess 3rd times the charm should have been a sign that I kept it as a keepsake but who would I pass it down to?

Would have been funny to have Christopher Walken give it to my daughter doing the whole Pulp Fiction dialogue.

You're father shoved this camera up his *** for 5 years while he was a POW of Crohn's.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
LOL! A necklace would be funny. I didn't see mine pass either. Good news is my results were negative. I'm officially Crohns colitis. Although they saw something floating in my small intestine which looked like a fish bone. Weird.