• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just another intro

F

flying4frogs

Hi, my name is Nelson and I was diagnosed with CD in Jan of 03. I have had symtoms for the past 8 years but was not diagnosed.

Starting in the middle of Dec 02, I had pain in my sides and back, would feel ill after eating, making runs to the bathroom 12-15 times a day. My wife dragged my sorry a$$ into the emerg room on Jan 7 where a emerg doc clued into what was going on. A couple of CT scans later and there it was 12 inch of nearly blocked of Illium for new years!!!2 weeks of steriods in the hosipal and I was released.

I had surgery to have 12 inch of small bowel removed. After that, I spent around 50 days on and off in the hospital during 2003. Post op infections, etc.

I am now on metholtrexate, Remicade, Questrin and a vit/mineral regime. I still have pain in my right side most days but remain a some what productive member of society.

Cheers!!!

E

ElaineH

Hi and welcome to the forum! Look forward to reading your posts!

Elaine xx

F

flying4frogs

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks guys and gals. It nice to have found a place with like minded aka CD people.

Nelson

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Nelson. It seems like you had a bit of a bad post op, but I am glad that is now well behind you now. Glad youare happy to be here, because we are sure glad you joined also. :)

V

Valentina

Hi Nelson! welcome to the site, hope you find it helpful and fun.