• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A Newbie with a Story

tonya_n_ky

Hi all, glad to be here. I have never been part of a support group or forum but thought I'd give it a try beings that it sometimes seems that I'm the only human on the planet that has a clue that Crohn's exists and what feelings comes with it. Most of the people I know I feel that in some way believes I am a hypocondriac. But anyways... I was diagnosed in 2001 after tons of abuse from all those fun tests you get. After 12 different doctors had told me everything from appendix problems to irritable bowel syndrom I finally found someone who believed me and checked a little deeper for the truth of it all. By the time I was diagnosed, I had lost about 40 lbs, I'm a small person to begin with so EWW it was bad...5'3 and 89 lbs !! I went through prednisone, pentasa, immuran, you name it and still within a month and a half after being diagnosed was in surgery having a close to emergency bowel resection. Afterwards wasn't too bad (Thank goodness for morphine) but now as years have went by, I feel that it's getting the best of me again, My energy is almost obsolete. Never feel good. So back in for another colonoscomy soon to see where I am with this. If anyone has any energy boosters I would LOVE to hear from you. I'm looking forward to making some good friends here. Take Care =) Tonya

Welcome to the forum
Do you go on any walks that always builds my energy or any kind of exercise
I hope you feel better
Hugs

tonya_n_ky

Hey Jeff...I chase my children around...does that count? :ybatty: LOL Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try

It could count depending on how much you chase them around. But just do some walking. If you have a treadmill put it near a bathroom and walk on it for a while. You will be wiped at first but as time goes on you will only get more and more energy. Just make sure you are doing something you really love to do.

Good luck

K

Kate

Hi Tonya

welcome to the site, your story is similar to alot of ours so we can really feel for you and hopefully help you through what ever might come.

All the best
Kate

V

Valentina

HI Tonya, welcome to the site. I got the whole hypocondriac thing all the time as well.. still do! sometimes healthy people just dont get it. lol
as far as energy goes.. some times I feel so blah I cant even lift my head, but I know if I force myself into some sort of activity it helps in the long run, and I sleep better for it.. more well rested feeling.
hope you get some answers soon.

Kev

Hey Tonya, and welcome... Think I know how you feel... like your get up and go got up and went... Thing of this illness is that meds will reduce inflamation, take away the pain, and alleviate some symptoms... but that still leaves a digestive system that has gone thru the ringer.. You prob. are not absorbing the nutrients your body needs for energy.. (part of the problem).. my nutritionist is getting me to add more iron.. And I'm glad my kids are grown.. Don't think I could find 1/10th of the energy I'd need to look after them if they were still living at home with me.

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
See my thread about mangosteen juice -- it boosts energy is everyone who takes it. Helps with pain, inflammation, immune system mess-ups, tumors, skin troubles, you name it, people have achieved results! I wouldn't go a day without it ever again!

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

I pray that you have a good time ... meet lots of folks & have a great time here with us. I am GRANDMA BEAR aka KAREN. The group here let me in due to the fact that my husband is the one with CROHN'S & the support here is wonderful so have a great time !!​