• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weight..... what an issue that is!

D

DannyB

weight..... what an issue that is!

Putting on weight...... talk about impossible.

I have been quite well with crohns of late and eat a bit but I can eat and not go to the loo and still not put on any weight at all, that just makes no sense at all, infact its so bloody stupid. How many of you guys hate the whole weight issue or is it not an issue with y'all?

For years I have stayed around the same weight and my crohns was always annoying me but it hasn't annoyed me for a whiley now and I still can't do it, it makes me so angry its probably the biggest annoyance apart from the loo thing associated with crohns and me... all my friends are 6 foot plus and 13-14 stone and i just look bloody rediculous when out with them!

I just want to share with y'all that crohns disease really pisses me off on a daily basis and i'm sick of it.

J

Jenni

i HATE the weight issue! ahh!Prednizone is the worst with the weight tho. Earlier this year I went from a size 3 to 5 to a size 9 and i gained like 60 ot 70 pounds.now im like A 3 again but im losing alot of weight. I just wanna be normal weight without the up and down. I especially dont like the whole omg ur sooo skinny! why are u losing so much weight jen? jen u need to stop losing weight. its like i eat waaay more than most ppl i just dont keep any of it. i dont even bother explaining anymore cuz ppl r so stupid. even my own family has made comments about how skinny i am. its like look its not like im anerexic! just shush! haha i feel ur pain

D

Donna

Oooohhhh I HATE prednisone for the weight thing!!! I gained over 90 pounds with the first round, and alot less with the second round...only because I ate smaller portions-which is next to difficult with pred! Now that I have been off of it since May, I have lost 44 pounds...but it will come back when I start it up again.

Weight has been an issue all of my life. I have always been heavy. Now, unlike Danny, I have diarhea CONSTANTLY....how in the world do I keep the weight on, and he can't go and doesn't gain any??? As I have said before...this disease has got to be THE strangest disease I have ever heard of!!!!!

Donna

B

btcrv

Yeah girls... I own all clothes from size 2 to 10 thanks to flares and prednisone. The best way that I can explain pred is that the thing in your head that tells you that you are full DOES NOT WORK when you are on that drug! I am finally leveled out for now at a size 7 which is what I was before. And though the number on the scale is the same, all my weight is redistributed. I think all my moonface went into my butt!

Danny I am another one of those with the weight issue. I find that the more I excercise the more weight I gain if you guys understand. I take in a lot more food and make more muscle which causes me to gain weight.

Good luck

V

Valentina

seems like either we have too much or too little of it. lol
I gained a lot on pred, and am still trying to get rid of my belly, but I think its here to stay.. maybe it would help if I put some effort into it? but really, who has the time?
good luck Danny.. maybe try meal suppliments or shakes inbetween meals?

M

meowsie

I definitely had/have the weight issue. I dropped 1/2 my body weight when I first started losing due to the Crohn's. Even went in for anorexia treatment b/c I thought I had lost my ever-lovin' mind. Granted, I needed the therapy anyways, but it wasn't all anorexia related. Now that I've had my surgery, I've gained 15 lbs and am back up over 100 again. I'm only 5'0" and a tiny little imp to begin with, but this weight is WAY more healthy than the 76 lbs I bottomed out at.

J

Jonny

Ive had probs with putting on weight my whole life.Supplement drinks helped me in the past when i really needed to put on weight after my operation.I use Nestle build up vanilla flavour.
If your going to work out use the weight gain muscle building stuff.I have some left that i used to use.I can relate to the going out with bigger guys stuff.Especially when i was out with my brother and his rugby mates who are all big guys.Its not really about being that huge dude.Get the muscles in the right places and get fit is the main thing.
The big dudes i find arent that agile or well balanced and dont have the same stamina so theres lots of pluses to being a lean mean fightin machine.Youd be a cool middle weight..like eubank?Nigel benn?Sugar ray Danny?

D

DannyB

Jonny said:
The big dudes i find arent that agile or well balanced and dont have the same stamina so theres lots of pluses to being a lean mean fightin machine.Youd be a cool middle weight..like eubank?Nigel benn?Sugar ray Danny?
:lol: I love ya Jonny man like my bro, you is a top bloke for sure and the tina and you will be happy forever I promise. Like you peeps on here your all gd peeps for sure.

Mucho love
Danny
Peace and respect

so my inflating tummy is not in my head. great. hehe
my first time on pred. it has been about 2.5 months, i plan to be finished in about 20 days though.
and maybe i should keep my bigger jeans instead of taking them to the thrift store, thx btcrv - save some cash if it's not from pills and supplements. lol
cheers everyone, steph

S

scottishgirl

weight!!! dont get me started. 2 years ago i was so thin i looked like a straw and i struggled for ages to put weight on. now im on a bloody diet coz ive put a bit too much on lol

D

DannyB

Kate said:
I cant loose the last of my weight :(

Don't worry Kate.. I'm sure the more you kick karate ass you will tae kwon do that weight right out the door.

J

Janet

I can't gain weight. Nothing works. People think I'm anorexic and say, "Ooooh, I wish I could be as thin as you!", not knowing it comes at a price. Or they tell me to eat a sandwich. Ignorance, what can you do?

M

meowsie

Janet said:
Or they tell me to eat a sandwich. Ignorance, what can you do?
:mad2: Oooh, don'tcha hate it when they say that? I was told once to "eat a twinkie." That really ticked me off.