• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sugar cravings, bloated, always hungry?

I've had these symptoms for over a year now but lately they've definitely gotten worse! I'm constantly hungry, craving sugar and bread, always bloated, gassy, fatigued, etc! I've had my crohn's under control for the most part, but this past summer things went down hill :ymad:. Does anyone else have similar symptoms and could offer some advice? I'm starting my senior year in college next week and I feel like crap (no pun intended)

The steroids make me binge eat like crazy! Then because all the diarrhea I feel empty all the time, it is like a bi-polar eating disorder!!!

I agree with Pen about the bloating and gassy feeling, usually means I am inflammed, you might want to jump on those symptoms and grab them by the horns, so your Senoir year is what you would like it to be, instead of crohn's leading you around....

I hope you do well this Senior year!!

Pen I was taling about wacko847 and the stated senior year in his post!!!!

rotf....But if you need a Do well this senoir year..

"Pen Do well this senior year!!!"

rotf...thank you for the chuckle this morning I needed that...:D

Pen especially sitting here in this hospital room, gown and all, just wishing to feel normal, (like I know what that is!) again.

I am so hungry, that food craving is kicking in!!! And since the hyperglycemia thing, NO SOUP/SNACKS for me!!!

sheesh.... :(

I

Isla

My sister and I are planning on opening a cheesecake bakery - I am the baker hehehe. I need to come up with a cool pink cheesecake.

i love to bake too. never tried to make cheesecake, but my tiramisu is awesome! how about a peppermint cheesecake? or a strawberry one? or just plain cheesecake with a bit of red foodcoloring?

I

Isla

That is so boring! :p I make "fancy" or different kinds of cheesecakes. My most popular is probably my maple caramel. But I tend to like the crazy ones that use hard candies and the like - even using some as crusts!

Well, sorry to be boring... Maple caramel cheesecake sounds soooooo good! I never would have though of those flavors for a cheesecake! I can't think of a "fancy" flavor for a pink cheesecake. but you've given me a new challenge. I WILL think of one!

I

Isla

Actually I think I have an idea for one - it is very extravagant. There is this upscale donut shop in New York. He makes a donut made with real rose petals. I wonder if I could come up with a recipe for a rosey cheesecake?

ooooh, yum! i don't know how well rose would mix with cheese, but it's always worth a shot! but how to get rose flavor? need something more than rose petals...