• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Girl!

N

ncgirl

Hey everyone!
There's not a whole lot to say about myself. I've had Crohn's since I was 12. Had some complications with prednisone. Was the guinea pig for my doctor when methotrexate and Remicade came out. Had my large intestine and a foot of my small intestine removed three years ago. That's pretty much it. Pretty normal huh? ;)
I've been married for three and a half years and do not have any kids yet. I live in a small town in North Carolina. About five minutes away from Albemarle (Kelly Pickler) for all you American Idol fanatics.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hi ncgirl! Thanks for sharing that with us. Sad to hear you have been battling Crohn's since 12 and that you had to have surgery, but I hope that everything has been good since it happened.

I know some others on here are into American Idol, but I am not. I think I can safely assume that who you mentioned is one of the contestants on the show though. I guess I know who you are pulling for to win then ;).

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
ncgirl ... WELCOME ABOARD !! WOW ... you like AMERICAN IDOL !! :eek: My daughter would have a wonderful time chatting with you as she too is into the show & is wanting KELLI to WIN ... go figure she LOVES KELLY CLARKSON & is going to see her in CONCERT in JULY !! :) I am sure that you will have a wonderful tim here with the rest of us ... so JUMP RIGHT IN & have fun !!

See you soon !!

PS: I like TAYLOR HICKS myself !! :cool:

N

ncgirl

Don't tell anyone, but I'm not really pulling for her. I don't think she's as talented as some of the others. I personally like Taylor Hicks too. There's just something about his antics. Keeps me interested. The town Chris is from (McLeansville) about 20 minutes away from where I live. And Bucky's hometown is a bit farther away. And not all of us are as "hillbilly" or "ditzy" as some of the contestants made us out to be. LOL But just about anyone around here is just as friendly!

Last edited:
K

Kossy

ncgirl said:
Don't tell anyone, but I'm not really pulling for her. I don't think she's as talented as some of the others. I personally like Taylor Hicks too. There's just something about his antics. Keeps me interested. The town Chris is from (McLeansville) about 20 minutes away from where I live. And Bucky's hometown is a bit farther away. And not all of us are as "hillbilly" or "ditzy" as some of the contestants made us out to be. LOL But just about anyone around here is just as friendly!

Welcome NCGIRL to the fourm. Cheers to you as I hold up my whiskey glass. Ps... I am notifying your local new to tell them they have an American Idol trader within their mists... :D Sorry, I had to give you some grief.

Tami Lynn

Forum Angel

Hello and Welcome NCGIRL!

We have another new girl on the block, eh? Yep, you sound pretty "normal" for this bunch. :D

I'm not a faithful American Idol watcher, but from what I have seen, my two favorites are for male vocalist: Chris and Female vocalist: Kathryn McPhee or McVee??? (I can't remember if that's her first name or not, but her last name is something like that) :p

Have fun and be well!