Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Inflammatory bowel disease patients in remission but with persistent symptoms respond well to therapies for irritable bowel syndrome

03-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Inflammatory bowel disease patients in remission but with persistent symptoms respond well to therapies for irritable bowel syndrome

https://www.medpagetoday.com/reading...source=twitter
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium

Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate oral and injections, Folic Acid, Probiotics, Cortofoam

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohn's
Remicade
Vit D 2000IU

Previously used, Exclusive Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate (injections and oral), Folic Acid, Entocort,IBD-AID Diet
03-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
SaxLady

its estimated 85% of people with IBS have SIBO, and MANY people with Crohns (about 50%) also have SIBO. www.siboinfo.com They have that in common.
03-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
^^.Tru dat! We just switched GI's and our new GI told us the same thing and tells us that molder daughter has probably had SIBO all this time that the old GI was telling us IBS!

So hard when all their symptoms are the same eh?
03-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
SaxLady

and SIBO is complicated to treat. I finished 2 rounds (one xifaxan, one herbal) and using pro-kinetics (LDN and Iberogast) but now believe it is coming back. Getting tested again soon. Next step, physical therapist using Wurn technique. Consult next week. Good luck and make sure to read ALL of the SIBO info on the website. There is also a good FB group, SIBO SOS II. Healing IS possible! The SIBO could have caused the Crohn's or vice versa, but treating mine made me much better. hugs

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Inflammatory bowel disease patients in remission but with persistent symptoms respond well to therapies for irritable bowel syndrome