• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Patient Heal Thyself - ???

Have you heard of the company "Garden of Life" or the diet: the "Makers Diet?" I'm curious if this works.. or helps at all.

My dad's coworker gave him Patient Heal Thyself for me to read. It's written by Jordan S. Rubin.

Jordan suffered from very severe Crohn's Colitis and this book talks about the diet he used after all his medications failed him.

The diet may be kind of strange. It consists of microorganisms from soil and also all kinds of organic(ACTUALLY organic) foods. Grass fed meats, herbal stuff.

It seems like some or most of these foods would be trigger foods?

He started a company called "Garden of Life" and also started a diet called the "Makers Diet"

Is anyone familiar with this book or his diet plan? I really want to know how it works out.

I personally have not heard of it...Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP) is been investigated for links to Crohns Disease. It is found to be in the soil.
So not to sure to be honest Zac.....
But I am not familiar with this diet

I personally have not heard of it...Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP) is been investigated for links to Crohns Disease. It is found to be in the soil.
So not to sure to be honest Zac.....
But I am not familiar with this diet
Thanks for the reply. When you say links to Crohn's Disease, do you mean it could be a cause for Crohn's?

i don't trust any of these diets.

when i first got GERD all sorts of told me to things told me to go on a fruit juice fast and all i could think of was are they trying to kill me, maybe the only thing more painfull would be only eating fried food. i don't care how much they swear Fructose totally different the other sugars it still has ctose as a suffixs not so not so difference.

I can rant for a while have grown up eating organic (i even ate carob instead of chocolate), home made, and balanced.

if you know it will make you flare or make you sick don't do it.

Zac
When you say links to Crohn's Disease, do you mean it could be a cause for Crohn's?
It could be but it needs more research to get evidence for yeah or neigh!!!
There are a few threads on this forum with more information about it Zac..
Take care..

Jordan Rubin's everything is a scam. Always check quackwatch.com before doing someone's special diet or supplements etc. People often try to profit off of desperate patients and Jordan Rubin is just ONE example of this. There are so many of these scam diets and supplements promoting "all natural COMPLETE and TOTAL healing" and it's for the most part crap.
http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/rubin.html