• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MRSA in eyes

I contacted Mrsa in my right eye took 6 months to stop it with a lot of different antibiotics. i was on Humira and Methotrexate i quit them both now the doctors want me to go back on them and i am still taking drops in my both eyes don't know what to do!

Um, you have MRSA and you took yourself off the meds against Drs advise? I almost died of MRSA after one of my surgeries and I did exactly as I was told and am now MRSA free, so far. LOL

I contacted Mrsa in my right eye took 6 months to stop it with a lot of different antibiotics. i was on Humira and Methotrexate i quit them both now the doctors want me to go back on them and i am still taking drops in my both eyes don't know what to do!
Cholesterol helps the body get rid of staph. Make sure your cholesterol doesn't go too low. That can happen with Crohn's and colitis due to the infections. Here is a video that suggests all of us need to keep our cholesterol above 160 mg / dl. http://vimeo.com/28169265

Natural progesterone inhibits the growth of staph. The cream can be purchased at most health food stores. I wouldn't put it in the eye, but near the eye should not be a problem.

Lauricidin kills staph invitro. It also kills the Epstein Barr and CMV viruses which are associated with Crohn's colitis. Start slowly if you try this. Also, I strongly suspect it is the ratio of this fatty acid to unsaturated fatty acids that makes a difference. So, cut out the corn, safflower, flax, cottonseed oils, etc. Oils/ fats in the diet should mainly be coconut, palm, olive and organic butter. A small amount of fish oil can be helpful, if it is balanced with the more saturated fats.

Oregano oil kills staph invitro. It also kills the MAP and E. coli associated with Crohn's / colitis. Brands matter. There are different types of oregano, with some more effective than others. I happen to like Young Living Essential oils.
------------------

Toxicol Mech Methods. 2005;15(4):279-85
Effects of Essential Oils and Monolaurin on Staphylococcus aureus: In Vitro and In Vivo Studies.
Preuss HG, Echard B, Dadgar A, Talpur N, Manohar V, Enig M, Bagchi D, Ingram C.

Here are the references for natural progesterone and staph. It not only kills staph, but it reduces the toxicity of staph.

J Bacteriol. 1966 Nov;92(5):1285-9.
Bacteriostatic action of progesterone on staphylococci and other microorganisms.
Yotis W, Stanke R. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4958877

Yale J Biol Med. 1970 June; 42(6): 411–419.
PMCID: PMC2591660
Reduction of the cytolytic action of staphylococcal alpha toxin by progesterone.
W. W. Yotis and Z. T. Savov
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2591660/