• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Funky spot on eyeball...

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm going to try to get a picture up - but it is dnanged HARD to get a good eyeball shot!!!...

Anyway - I noticed yesterday morning a yellowish/red spot on my left eyeball, that looks a little raised too almost looks like a piece of snot!.....in the picture you can see the discoloration.....

Doesn't bother me at all, and who knows how long it has been there.....
anyone else have anything similar?

Attachments

Nyx

I have that on both my eyes. My eye doctor said they're fat deposits and are completely harmless. Get it checked out though and make sure. Don't want to mess with your vision!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I have that on both my eyes. My eye doctor said they're fat deposits and are completely harmless. Get it checked out though and make sure. Don't want to mess with your vision!
Oh joy!!! ANOTHER place for fat to deposit!!!!! :ybatty::ybatty:

FullM3lt

Activate CB2
I just developed this exact thing in my right eye. No pain or anything like that....I didn't know fat could be deposited on the eyeball :lol:

My daughter has one very similar......i first noticed it when she was 6 months old.
I took her to an eye DR who told us it was a mole ... ..i never knew you could have a mole in your eye.

He never removed it ..over the years it gotten a bit smaller.

We just go back every few years and he compares it to the previous photo.

Did you find out what your was? Did it go away?

I had a spot on my eyeball and it was diagnosed as nodular episcleritis (not uncommon as an EIM related to Crohn's). They can be ulcerative, which can cause blindness, so it was a good thing I saw my opthalmologist. It just took a bit of steroidal eye med to get it cleared up within about 6 weeks. I wholeheartedly agree that it's a good idea to see your doctor, even if it's just a fatty deposit or a calcium deposit. :)