• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update - blood test results

My daughter had her tonsils out today so I though good idea to pop in to Endscope and see IBD Nurse.

Was told that I hyave contisaption, CRP level are normal and Iron level is 0.8.

I have carry take steriods and appointment with GP about iron tablets yuck and something get brown stuff moving.

My daughter is fine and sleep in bed.

SarahBear

:hug: I hope the steroids and iron tablets help. When is your appointment?

I'm glad your daughter is doing well. I hope she has a quick recovery!

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Iron tablets are nasty! :p but they can help :)

Hope the steroids help you out as well. I actually find that steroids back me up a bit when I first start them; it eventually eases up after a week or so. That being said, it might be helpful to watch your diet as well to help move things along.

Wishing you better health! :hug:

I am trying cut on salads and fruits which I love to eat, at moment before I even starting the sachets for contsipation had exposed in the so bit caution because last I had stuff from gp for contpsation in trigger mini flare.

I think consipation is starting point recently flare which I think steriods keep at bay.

Also I think by sound of the letter from IBD Nurse colonscope is on cards in May sometimes.

Iron tablets are nasty! :p but they can help :)
Depends on the tablets. Took me many years and many different brands but I ended up finding iron tablets that don't create any problems in the stomach and intestine due to their coating and binding material.

In addition, what I found out in the last year (I have had problems with iron for many years) is that water solvable iron tablets are just way better than iron tablets. The reason is self evident, the intestine can absorb dissolved iron much better than iron concentrated in a tablet that only dissolves in the stomach. Of course for Crohn's patients the amount of water needed to dissolve one 80mg iron tablet should be much higher than the one that it is normally recommended... Otherwise it's too intense.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Very true :)

Thanks for adding the extra detail lol. And as you take them you will decide what works for you and what doesn't. And your doctor will see in your lab results what is working and what isn't and adjust as needed/if needed.

Depends on the tablets. Took me many years and many different brands but I ended up finding iron tablets that don't create any problems in the stomach and intestine due to their coating and binding material.

In addition, what I found out in the last year (I have had problems with iron for many years) is that water solvable iron tablets are just way better than iron tablets. The reason is self evident, the intestine can absorb dissolved iron much better than iron concentrated in a tablet that only dissolves in the stomach. Of course for Crohn's patients the amount of water needed to dissolve one 80mg iron tablet should be much higher than the one that it is normally recommended... Otherwise it's too intense.