• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ileum pains

I keep having these constant pains at my waistline over to the right of my navel about four inches or so. They are like someone is grabbing and squeezing just enough to hurt. Not real bad though. Been getting them for about a week and have had them before. Is this Ileum pain do you think or something else? I am waiting for aprroval from a local GI to see if he will do my pillcam at his office even though I am not his patient anymore. I just don't want to go clear down Pittsburgh. Any answers are appreciated.Also, does pillcam see the ileum?

nogutsnoglory

It could quite possibly be but its hard to know where you feel it exactly since pain radiates.

As for the pill cam, are you sure you have no inflammation or scar tissue? I would never get that test for fear it would stick in my wound.l

DustyKat

Super Moderator
As ngng has said pain can be referred so it is difficult to say if it is from the ileum.

Sarah has Ileal disease but her pain was never located over the RLQ. Matt on the other hand had all his pain radiate from near his navel and down to his right groin. He always described it as a tightening, stinging type pain.

A Pill Cam will visualise the ileum but if there is any indication or a doubt that you may have stricturing/narrowing then ensure you have a dummy Pill Cam done first.

Good luck!

Dusty. xxx

That is exactly where I get pain too.. do you still have your appendix?
Like the others say about referred pain.. if I press on my LRQ, although it is tender - most of the pain is more URQ!! Its strange to press one place and it makes you feel pain elsewhere lol x

That is exactly where I get pain too.. do you still have your appendix?
Like the others say about referred pain.. if I press on my LRQ, although it is tender - most of the pain is more URQ!! Its strange to press one place and it makes you feel pain elsewhere lol x
Yes. I agree. I do have my appendix, yes. But i don't think it is that.

It could quite possibly be but its hard to know where you feel it exactly since pain radiates.

As for the pill cam, are you sure you have no inflammation or scar tissue? I would never get that test for fear it would stick in my wound.l
They did a catscan back in Jan and it didn't show any. That is why this is next step. I will ask about dummy cam though Thanks everyone for your replies.:)

Im so sorry to hear that you are in pain. I get the same kind of pain that comes and goes. I get it when I use my stomach muscles a lot or if I am in a nasty flare. It hurts for a week or more after.

I have been told it's scar tissue from a lap surgery.

I hope you get answers and eventually relief.

I get abdominal pain in my lower left side and right also below my navel and groin area. The dr said with inflamation pain can be felt anywhere in the abdoman it dosent have to be localized when I have a flare yes one spot is worse but usually I feel pain all around the lower abdomin constipation has a lot to do with it as well.

I get this pain too and abdomen in general. I am not on crohn's meds, going as natural as I can now. Other meds didn't agree with me at all. I am very sensitive and cannot tolerate many. I don't know why. It makes it very hard to deal with and frustarating.:(