• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do you have migraine?

Do you have migraine?

• Yes I do

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • No I don't

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I get migraines, but Inever thought they're related to my Crohn's, as they're directly connected to my hormonal fluctuations.

nogutsnoglory

Yes, often and usually atleast twice a week. I don't take anything for it because nothing helps except drugs like Advil which are counterindicated due to GI bleeding.

Nogutsnoglory, have you tried Benadryl? I was given that for a migraine once in the ER, and it worked wonders. You have to nap for a bit, but then I almost always wake up with either no migraine or a much less severe one.

I get them but never thought they had anything to do with my Crohn's. I take Tylenol 3 when I have to take something for it, as I cannot tolerate any of the migraine meds due to my low blood pressure

nogutsnoglory

Nogutsnoglory, have you tried Benadryl? I was given that for a migraine once in the ER, and it worked wonders. You have to nap for a bit, but then I almost always wake up with either no migraine or a much less severe one.

Interesting. I never used Benadryl because it knocks me out but to be honest on some days with migraines I wouldn't mind.

you can bash me......i stick to my yeast thing, I have alot of guns to show it...NO DOC GOES THERE..with crohns yeast is bakers or brewers or candida---- the two main things we people are reactive to.. in studies... i can post over hundreds just a quick couple ASCA -- bakers brwers AMCA =candida yeast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-saccharomyces_cerevisiae_antibody
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15571586
http://gut.bmj.com/content/54/9/1212.full

but.... read the study.. dig deep on your own--- the link CROHN 2357 posted research it yourself...., alot of people who have gluten issues also have yeast issues... doesnt say this here but the protein in candida looks like the protein in gluten they are similar PLEASE READ see below.. Many also females notice when they get there periods they have migraine headaches.. yeast is not just a guy thing--Im telling you I had this im a freaking dude..and can prove it from multiple rounds of testing..(advanced testing) no doc found this or even looks..

many have ASCA or AMCA= canidida ALomst all of our docs dont check this( CROHN 2357) do the LABCORP IBD EXPANDED PANEL test if you think you have gluten issues or celiac... or any one.. ALL celiac people also eat rice flour and potato flour in all there foods when they switch---all feed candida they feel better but never heal.. as there still feeding it.. standard Celiac docs dont even test for this.. Docs dont look for yeast any of them

Coeliac disease is a T-cell-mediated autoimmune disease of the small intestine that is induced by ingestion of gluten proteins from wheat, barley, or rye. We postulate that Candida albicans is a trigger in the onset of coeliac disease. The virulence factor of C albicans-hyphal wall protein 1 (HWP1)-contains amino acid sequences that are identical or highly homologous to known coeliac disease-related alpha-gliadin and gamma-gliadin T-cell epitopes. HWP1 is a transglutaminase substrate, and is used by C albicans to adhere to the intestinal epithelium. Furthermore, tissue transglutaminase and endomysium components could become covalently linked to the yeast. Subsequently, C albicans might function as an adjuvant that stimulates antibody formation against HWP1 and gluten, and formation of autoreactive antibodies against tissue transglutaminase and endomysium (7).

By the same token, antigliadin antibodies have been found in chronic Candida infections (8), suggesting that not only should candidiasis be considered in celiac disease but also gluten should be strictly avoided in Candida infections

I can show so many studies ---- but everything docs do is bacteria..

I HAD BAD BACTERIA MYSELF>... yes but when I dig down in the hole no one goes in I also had yeast -- which almost all of us have markers for...

Odd if you ask me

**************** read the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-saccharomyces_cerevisiae_antibody first what does it say....any doctor tell you this
Im sure not one dam doc has told any one

Why in the hell do they FOCUS SO HARD on bacteria...???????? yeah you have an infection.. alot of times nothing cultures...im sure countless people can tell you that happen to them....we found nothing you HAVE maybe crohns or colitis or IBS

most who have crohns or colitis also have usually another antibody
theres 5 they check if you do the blood test and your doc isnt lazy...they never do it
IBD EXPANED PANEL labcorp they go stright for the camera and biopsy
they test
ASCA
AMCA
ALCA
ACCA
if your reactive it means something....common sense to me would be maybe the yeast caused the issue and they you got sick from the bacteria....
for me ---it was AMCA and ALCA AMCA was caniddia and ALCA was all sugars
AMCA WAS super high... ALCA was just up.... before I could do any thing I worked on this.... I couldnt eat any dam thing that was grains it made me flare ---I had every dam celiac test under the son all negative.. I did all of them

But I did the genetic test HLA DQ and found I had many genes... 4 copies and 2 sets of 2 -- no doc told me this... they dont even look

ALot of the food we eat is sugar ---in one form or another... grains milk , starches ... they all feed yeast.. until you get that under control your not going to be reactive to it.. from there you can kills the bacteria and then add in the good guys

WHY not give antibotics & an antifugal drug at the same time... or look to anti fungals first

I like to stir the pot................as you see.

I asked on the forum whos had a IBD expanded panel on the forum
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD

WHOS had an IBD EXPANDED PANEL ---was the question 77 people looked and not one has said they had one...

ZERO......................:lol:

What does it hurt you to get one ???? its a blood test get one the next time you get your blood work... your GP can do it to.... you can read the results your self its a pass or fail.... in each antibody

I've also been having migraines for longer than I've had IBD(undiagnosed). They started several years b4 I had IBD symptoms! No fun! :ybatty:

I've had migraines since I was about 10 or 11. My diagnosis for my digestive issues is just being sorted, but the doc has provisionally said Crohn's colitis. Interesting that there might be a connection...