• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long in each Phase for SCD?

Besides the 2-3 days for the Intro stage, how long do you stay in each Phase/Stage?
Also, after the intro, you can introduce 1 of each category, or only one item? Like, on day 4 I can't introduce both a banana and broccoli?

I read the book but can't remember the specifics of how long in each stage. Thank you!

It is one food at a time for 3-4 days each, then move into the next phase when you've tried most of the foods from the phase before. SCDlifestyle also suggests cooking and pureeing fruits and veggies at first (except bananas and avocados can be eaten raw). They have a book you can download that goes really into detail about starting the diet.

I stuck with one at a time introduction for a little over a month from starting the intro diet (I had been on scd for a couple months before but originally skipped the intro), then loosened up quite a bit when I felt like I was comfortably in remission, and had established a good set of safe foods I knew I could fall back on if I reacted to something new.

I got that SCD Lifestyle book when I was first on SCD a few years ago and it really helped. It's kind of like their version of Starting SCD For Dummies.

There's also the Pecanbread website which has phases and lots of recipes and tips.

There's also the Pecanbread website which has phases and lots of recipes and tips.
http://pecanbread.com/p/how/stages.html
"2 Introduce ONE new food at a time- a two to four day interval is a great (but not mandatory) guideline for introducing new foods. This will make it possible determine whether each new food can be tolerated.
3 This chart is based on the healing process that is taking place.
It is not based on a timeline. Some people may be able to add new foods more quickly than others."

You're just trying to track which foods affect you, right? So it only makes sense to add one thing at a time to pinpoint how you react.
Actually, I'm more asymptomatic with my Crohn's, unless I have inflammation which causes abd pain (new ones this time!). So food hasn't really affected me..I've been on the intro phase of the SCD for 1.5 days and still have some abd pain (inflammation is still there probably) but I don't have D or anything like that so that's what makes it harder. I'm doing this to "starve" out the bad bacteria...perhaps if I had started this during remission, I may have been able to see a reaction (if any), but that's why I'm not sure what to look for to move on..