• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

remission after starting humira !

Hurray !

After my surgery to remove a stricture, last october, I thought I would be symptoms free for a few years.
It didn't work that way... just a few weeks after, I started to have flare-up symptoms, it lasted 1 month, then it was like rollercoaster, 2 weeks going better, 2 bad weeks, you can see the pattern...

It was already planned to start Humira, in the months after the surgery, because 3 surgeries in the last 15 years is not good. I started it Jan. 23 (8 weeks ago), It tooks 3-4 weeks before to start feeling better, and the last 4 weeks were great !

My first month symptoms-free in the last whole year !

My GI told me : It was about time to start Humira.

:dance:

Congratulations!

My story is very similar to yours, resection in September, started Humira Friday the 13th:lol2: of Feb so I've been on it a few weeks less than you.
I started to feel better almost immediately and while it's not perfect yet I'm very happy and impressed with Humira!

I'm having bloods done in 2 weeks time, I'm hopeful my CRP will be in the normal range for the first time in ages.

Are you having any side effects with humira?
Except for 24-48 hours of fatigue after the injection, no.
I've got some light side effects (muscles ache) but my GI told me it's probably from MX (which I have to take for 6 months to prevent antibodies to humira)

Congratulations!

My story is very similar to yours, resection in September, started Humira Friday the 13th:lol2: of Feb so I've been on it a few weeks less than you.
I started to feel better almost immediately and while it's not perfect yet I'm very happy and impressed with Humira!

I'm having bloods done in 2 weeks time, I'm hopeful my CRP will be in the normal range for the first time in ages.
very similar, indeed :biggrin:

I just did a blood test for MX, but for Crohn's, they have never found anything with the CRP in my blood (even when I had a flare-up on the CT SCAN).

Happy that you have similar result with Humira :)

That's great. I am only on humira since February. I have horrible fatigue that doesn't go away. Just recently came down with a cold that I can't shake. And horrible headaches. Not sure if it is humira related. Having high anxiety about side effects. Considering stopping the humira. Feeling very confused about what to do. My stools have been better until last two days...not sure if it is part of this cold or what.

Hi, anyone else having Excema issue after long term Humira use ?
I have been on Humira about 1.5 years now, and about 7 months ago my Dyshidrotic Eczema started. I went to a dermatioligist and they cant fix it at all. Dont get me wrong, I can live with it as my crohns is in remission from the humira. I was just wondering if anyone else was living with that side effect ?

Dx'd JAN ,3/2013
Meds: AZA, Lialdo .. almost no effect
LDN - 4 months - mild help,
Preg - 1 year on/off - good effect
humira 1.5 years - remission

Well... I'm not lucky at all...
I had symptoms for the last 2 weeks.

Is it everything humira could give me ? 1 month remission and it's already over?

I'm very frustrated right now.

Well, I'm sorry to say that my path is still very similar to yours, I'm also having symptoms again:thumbdown:

I also had about a month of feeling great and then it all came back...

Just had blood results and the CRP is fine as it was in the first few weeks but the D is back to almost the same frequency. I was also managing to eat the occasional salad in the first few weeks but am back to low fibre now, bleuh. Am also having muscle issues, especially my thigh muscles feel "heavy" for want of a better description. Not debilitating in any way but not pleasant either.

Not as fatigued as I was but I credit that to stopping the MTX, that was really wearing me out.

What have you done about it Matrix?

I'll be emailing my IBD nurse to ask what next, I may suggest going to weekly injections or even a week or so of a high dose of pred to see if that will knock it on the head and hopefully the Humira can take over from there.

Do you have any other ideas?

Well, I'm sorry to say that my path is still very similar to yours, I'm also having symptoms again:thumbdown:

I also had about a month of feeling great and then it all came back...

Just had blood results and the CRP is fine as it was in the first few weeks but the D is back to almost the same frequency. I was also managing to eat the occasional salad in the first few weeks but am back to low fibre now, bleuh. Am also having muscle issues, especially my thigh muscles feel "heavy" for want of a better description. Not debilitating in any way but not pleasant either.

Not as fatigued as I was but I credit that to stopping the MTX, that was really wearing me out.

What have you done about it Matrix?

I'll be emailing my IBD nurse to ask what next, I may suggest going to weekly injections or even a week or so of a high dose of pred to see if that will knock it on the head and hopefully the Humira can take over from there.

Do you have any other ideas?

Hi Layla, sorry to hear that you are still having symptoms too.

It's my 3rd weeks with symptoms. inflammation in the ileum, which is making my large intestine going crazy : I have a lot of spasms (without having to go to the bathroom very often), it's weird, like if my bowels were over-reacting, it's happening mainly at night ( the last time it happened like this, is 1 year ago while having a flare-up).

I called my GI yesterday, I hope he will call back soon.

Like you said, I expect him to move my humira weekly and/or add pred (entocort I guess).

I've read some posts and it seems that for many of us, the humira every other week is not enough. I know I responded at the start of humira (loading doses made me feel good for 4 weeks) so I hope I can make it work at some point.

You stopped the MTX ? was it for humira anti-bodies or for Crohn's ?