• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, I am new to the furum.
My story is; Diagnosed with Crohn's in 1990. First resection in 1990, second resection in 1995 and third in 2008. I am currently on Humira (started in June 2015), so far I am not seeing any dramatic results. I seem to have severe wind and bloating beginning in late afternoon and into the evening. I have stopped milk and bread AND sugar. Tiredness is better though. I would like to hear from other Humira users for any tips and hints. I am more than happy to share my stories.
I have been reading about Sedacrohn and as it is only available in the U.S, I would love to hear about peoples experiences.
Also I will be moving to france later this year and will need medical insurance. If there is anyone who could point me in the direction of any companies that will be able to provide cover.

Hi, I am new to the furum.
My story is; Diagnosed with Crohn's in 1990. First resection in 1990, second resection in 1995 and third in 2008. I am currently on Humira (started in June 2015), so far I am not seeing any dramatic results. I seem to have severe wind and bloating beginning in late afternoon and into the evening. I have stopped milk and bread AND sugar. Tiredness is better though. I would like to hear from other Humira users for any tips and hints. I am more than happy to share my stories.
I have been reading about Sedacrohn and as it is only available in the U.S, I would love to hear about peoples experiences.
Also I will be moving to france later this year and will need medical insurance. If there is anyone who could point me in the direction of any companies that will be able to provide cover.
Nice to meet you :ysmile:

With regards to medical insurance, as well as reading policy small-print it's worthwhile contacting the companies directly to make sure they do fund your current (or prospective) medication. There were a couple of standard policies I came across which specifically stated they would not cover severe Crohn's. My experience is only with organising this for the Netherlands (a few days ago), but here there is also an excess applied to certain 'procedures'. Definitely make sure you get a list or at least an idea of what they would expect you to fork out on. Once you find a suitable policy, get the specifics with regards to your illness and treatment and their stance on the matter in writing. You don't want to be screwed over by them later should anything happen.

Good luck in France! I know it's a pain things being up in the air medically with such a big move on the horizon. Hopefully you're going to one of the picturesque regions where you can sit on a terrace and relax every once in a while?