• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Betaine HCL

With all the bad things coming out about PPIs and Zantac type meds I am looking to switch my daughter who has crohns and myself (no IBD just severe reflux issues) to a more natural way of treating it. I ordered a Betaine HCL 500mg supplement that also has fenugreek as we can't do one of the pepsin ones because they are made from pork which I am deadly allergic to.
I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this and what their experience has been.

Hi There,

I have actually started on betaine hcl about 1.5 weeks ago. I have came off pentasa as well as azathioprine. The response seems to be good.

How was your experience? Did you manage to stay on remission?

Regards,
M

With all the bad things coming out about PPIs and Zantac type meds I am looking to switch my daughter who has crohns and myself (no IBD just severe reflux issues) to a more natural way of treating it. I ordered a Betaine HCL 500mg supplement that also has fenugreek as we can't do one of the pepsin ones because they are made from pork which I am deadly allergic to.
I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this and what their experience has been.