• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nutritionist

Hi everyone,

I've recently started treating my Crohn's, and I'm very lost at what I can eat, and what to do to stay in remission. So I was wondering if anyone of you have ever worked with a nutritionist and if you think it's worth trying finding one?

P.S. I live in LA, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,
Katrina :)

Hi. I don't live anywhere close but I would suggest keeping a food diary to see which foods aggravate your system. I worked with a nutritionist and they might have some good suggestions for you.

Hi everyone,

I've recently started treating my Crohn's, and I'm very lost at what I can eat, and what to do to stay in remission. So I was wondering if anyone of you have ever worked with a nutritionist and if you think it's worth trying finding one?

P.S. I live in LA, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,
Katrina :)
Well atm I'm on the Immunosuppressants as well as imuran so I think I should be in remission by the time I'm off of the immunosupressants . From what I've learned so far it is different for everyone, and I'd stay in touch with your GI and nutritionist for sure and follow the diet plan they recommend and see whats best for you as that's what I'm doing at the moment with a low residue diet. I haven't spoke to a nutritionist yet but like you said, it'd be more clear what is beneficial for you if you do speak with a nutritionist who works with GI issues. Which is why I'm gonna do that as well soon to learn more about what is better for me.