• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still undiagnosed after testing in hospital...

Sorry in advance if this is a lot to read.

Hey there so I totally understand that hospital don't really ever do full run of testing when it comes to crohn's or colitis but I'm just getting so frustrated after having to go to the hospital twice in one week. They ran a urine analyses, blood tests and even did an MRI with dye but nothing came back that indicated if I had crohn's or colitis even though I have many symptoms of it.

I'm awaiting to see my new GI in hopes to get a colonoscopy and other testing done because I didn't know my insurance dropped me when went to go see my last GI and he found out and didn't want to test me for anything just indicate that It had IBS and gave me medication for it that worsened my symptoms. I wouldn't be thinking anything was wrong if my OBGYN hadn't done my laperoscopy procedure and had indicated that my colon was inflamed he originally went in looking for endometriosis but found none.

So my question is if all my hospital tests came back negative do you think my new doctor will dismiss that fact that it could be crohn's or colitis even though I've been severely sick with symptoms of crohn's and/or colitis?

Are the tests the hospital ran really the best ways to find out if someone has crohn's or colitis?

I just don't feel like having another doctor just throwing medication for IBS at me when there is a chance my health could become worse.

My symptoms currently consist of

- Nausea
- Vomiting
- Dull achey pain in lower right abdomen as of recently it does radiate to left side
- Consistent back pain
- Abdomen tender to touch and swollen at times
- Loss of appetite
- Dizziness
- Fatigued
- Constipation as of recently
- Blood in my stool first 3 weeks after my laparoscopy procedure
- Pain in my hips - i literally feel like an old lady
- Everything I eat I get sick - even sticking to dietary changes that were made

Last edited: