• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fed up

Hi everyone I'm so fed up had my last eua one week ago couldn't sleep last night with pain and awful green discharge pouring out of me again nightmare of nightmares I'm not diagnosed with Crohn's or anything but under investigation for this since January I'v literally spent my days running between hospital doctors appointments a nd e you name it is got two weeks last time I'm only a week this time they tell me too go to emergency room every time I get pain and discharge I either end up sitting there all day coming home with either pain killers or antibiotics or I have a procedure done to drain infection in feel like I'm loosing the will should I stay or go I'm thinking of phoning my GP and asking to try antibiotics in the morning I'v three kids and I'm sick of upsetting them any suggestions I'v a cavity inside my back passage that's quite some size and according to them it's collecting abscesses has anyone else experienced this ??

cmack

Staff member
Amac,

Yes this has happened to me. It might not have been bright green but it was awful. I needed surgery to fix the problem. I was a real mess for several years. It eventually got better though. I'm doing pretty good now compared to before. There is hope. I know it is hard to see. There is a future for you, never give up. You can beat this!

Talk to me any time, pm's are cool as well,

cmack

Amac,

Yes this has happened to me. It might not have been bright green but it was awful. I needed surgery to fix the problem. I was a real mess for several years. It eventually got better though. I'm doing pretty good now compared to before. There is hope. I know it is hard to see. There is a future for you, never give up. You can beat this!

Talk to me any time, pm's are cool as well,

cmack
thanks cmack I dunno how to pm I'v had surgery three times in two months awaiting mri I would have to drive 21 miles today again sit 5 or six hours and take the kids don't know to hold of tomorrow sore to walk discharge and bleeding slightly this morning infection I'm sure of it x

I am sorry for everything you are going through. Sending you support.
Thanks Ronrush there's just no normality I can't return to work in feel like a time bomb just waiting on it to happen again can't make any plans I'v a touring caravan kids can't wait to get away they have been hardly any where since December if I'm only getting one week now without any trouble the docs just keep fixing fistulas draing abscesses and sending me home the next day I'm sure that some of you have had really awful experiences too this is really getting me down I'v just want to sit and cry thank god for my beautiful one year old it's her that pushes me everyday the other two are older so they are not so bad x

I had an abscess in my rectal/anal area that returned and they had to drain it and then put me on a week with antibiotics by IV.

My hospital seems to discharge within 24 hours Ronrush let me home with a temperature last week no antibiotics 😕

My hospital seems to discharge within 24 hours Ronrush let me home with a temperature last week no antibiotics 😕 im in good old northern ireland where's you Ronrush? ?

Awh lovely Ronrush well it's a pleasure to be speaking with you yesterday it's all about cuts here in the health service Ronrush