• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I seem to be able to eat most things , will this change as time goes on ?

Hi there!

I was exactly like this, I have small bowel disease which in my case means I don't suffer from D. It's only recently I've started to get the more classic symptoms of pain, blood & mucus etc. I made the mistake of thinking that because I don't have big dramatic flares that foods don't effect me. With a bit of listening to my body I have discovered that isn't the case. I'd definitely recommend a food symptom diary, I certainly didn't feel I needed it at the time but it did help me narrow down.

The problem with me when diagnosed was that I was barely eating anything at all, pretty much just bread & cheese. As the nausea & vomiting have calmed down and I've re-introduced things and watched closely, I know a few things that are best to stay away from!

Best of luck x

cmack

Staff member
I wish you the best Pauline,

I get the hair loss as well. I hope you get it figured out soon. B12 seems to help my hair a bit, 1200mcg daily in a time release. I also take 2000 IU of vitamin D3 daily. One of the two(or both)seem to be helping, I'm not sure which one as I have only ever taken them together.

Best regards,

Chris