• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Folic acid question

Maya142

Staff member
We do daily too - 2 mg daily, including the day of the shot. We found 1 mg daily was not enough - my girls got mouth sores.

Thought it odd too, everyone seems to be daily, but my son's doc gave him 5mg weekly too, the day after MTX. We just started 2 weeks ago. Doc said he could do 1mg daily instead, but he chose to do it weekly (he's 15). No issues so far.

When I took it as prescribed (5mg weekly) to go along with methotrexate, I suffered a lot of nausea and headaches. Discussed w my GI and now take 1 mg daily except on needle day. Side effects are much better now

When I took it as prescribed (5mg weekly) to go along with methotrexate, I suffered a lot of nausea and headaches. Discussed w my GI and now take 1 mg daily except on needle day. Side effects are much better now
I may have to go back to 1mg a day. She is complaining about headaches again. Thanks for your reply.