• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Low Grade Fever

Every afternoon for about a month and a half now, my temperature goes up to about 99.6. It seems to happen around 3:30 p.m. without fail. My normal temperature runs low (about 97.7). When it gets up to 99, I start feeling very tired and unwell. Does anyone else have this problem? I just had blood work done and my inflammation markers were good. In fact, the entire report was good, so that's why I can't figure out why my temp goes up every afternoon. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

I am sorry that you are feeling unwell. I understand that you feel tired and unwell coincindent with the temp of 99 or higher.

Take a look at this temperature graph (<-link) that shows the circadian rhythm. Temperature starts at 97 and goes up to 99 in the afternoon and evening. 99.6 is not considered a fever. However if you are feeling unwell every day, you should talk to or see your doctor.

Does your unwell feeling occur in relation to meals? or activity?

Every afternoon for about a month and a half now, my temperature goes up to about 99.6. It seems to happen around 3:30 p.m. without fail. My normal temperature runs low (about 97.7). When it gets up to 99, I start feeling very tired and unwell. Does anyone else have this problem? I just had blood work done and my inflammation markers were good. In fact, the entire report was good, so that's why I can't figure out why my temp goes up every afternoon. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.
I would ask your doctor about it. You also might want to have blood work done by your doctor since you are feeling tired.

The same happened to me for about three months. They did a bunch of blood tests and imagining. Ended up getting another colonoscopy too. And everything came back normal! The fever mysteriously vanished as quickly as it started and hasn't been back in about a month.
I was completely baffled by it, as were my doctors.

For me too. Last Oct to Nov I got this low degree fever everyday, I thought it was triggered by cold, because whenever I feel a bit chilly my forehead turned hot. After sometime the fever was gone and only came back occasionally.

Hello, I always get what I call a ‘Crohn’s Fever’ after a lot of diarrhea, which for me is every single day. Within an hour of the pooping stopping, the low-grade fever seems to go away until the next bout of diarrhea.