12-28-2017, 05:55 AM   #1
Dyana

My Support Groups:
Feet

Lately I have been having shooting pains in my feet. Has anyone else had this? any suggestions what it could be?
12-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
crohns35

Lately I have been having shooting pains in my feet. Has anyone else had this? any suggestions what it could be?
I have had it for a few years it is or could be neuropathy alot of Crohn's patients get it

12-28-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

A podiatrist could be a first step to help orient diagnosis. the access is easy and you dont need a dr's referral.
I have a lot of issues with my feet which are not CD related. They are mechanical issues. Mechanical issues with feet/ankle from bad posture/misalignment are very common.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).
12-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
crohns35

A podiatrist could be a first step to help orient diagnosis. the access is easy and you dont need a dr's referral.
I have a lot of issues with my feet which are not CD related. They are mechanical issues. Mechanical issues with feet/ankle from bad posture/misalignment are very common.
You can start there but if it's neuropathy you will get sent to a neurologist

12-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #5
Dyana

My Support Groups:
Thanks. This just started. I have seen a podiatrist for other issues. Guess I need another appointment if it keeps happening.
12-29-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Have you noticed it if is worse at a certain time of day? Have you changed shoes recently? I went through a period of time where every morning it was agony to get up and on my feet - I believe it was a case of plantar fascitis (sp).....Mine did eventually go away, but I did start wearing different shoes for work too and I think that helped.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.