• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help me troubleshoot this poo?

What a title, huh?

DS 11 has crohns.

DS 3 has had some funny stools. I wonder if I am simply becoming stool obsessed :ybatty:

He has had very bulky stools for quite sometime. I always think to myself, "wow, that is alot of poo!" Now they have become more floaty and greasy (slightly loose). Should I worry about this?
He was on antibiotics for a while (but he hasn't had them in about 2 weeks). Would this mess with his stools in this way?

Someone tell me that I shouldn't worry, pretty please :)

I have those same sort of stools, almost everyday for many years. I have been scoped and no crohn's. For me, I think it is IBS.

My son has crohn's and so I constantly worry about my daughter getting it. She is having some weird stuff going on too but I think it's a wait and see situation. It seems to be pretty common for parents to have moments when they worry about their other children getting crohn's. We don't know what is 'normal kid stuff' and what could be crohn's. Our gage is totally off. For my son his weight started to go down before he ever had any stomach pain or funny stools.

It could be the antibiotic. They mess with my stomach too.

Just keep the eagle eye on him. I also give my daughter extra Vitamin D3. Studies have shown that low Vitamin D levels are associated with crohn's. I don't know if it will make a difference but it can't hurt. (((((hugs)))))

Crohn's Mom

I'm just coming in to tell you what you want to hear.....RELAX ! :hug:

kids get viruses...and my fingers are crossed that its just that..a virus :)

If it's not, then we will be here for you just the same and support you as well.

Breath ! :ghug:

Don't worry ~ bee Happy ! :D

I am on poop patrol as well I constantly am looking at my healthy kids poo wondering is this normal. Sometimes I see something like an red apple peel and it completely freaks me out and throws me back into stress mode/survival mode. We are moms we will always be watching as long as they let us. I find that my kids like to eat the same thing that the other kid is having it has its draw backs as well bc I try thickening one kid up causes the other kid constipation and vice versa.