• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any help would be great.

Well where do I begin. I am currently 30 and have battling whatever it is since I was 12 or so. When I was 12 I was in intense pain and sent to hospital thinking it was appendix only to be sent home with Painkillers saying it was girl problems and nothing could be done. This comment made me feel stupid and I spent many a night in tears in fetal position as I didn't want to make a fuss. Looked into it again when I was 18 and was told either IBS or crohns. Not sure what stopped me going further into investigation. Fast forward to now. The pain comes and goes. Sometimes I am fine and sometimes within 20mins of eating I'm in huge amounts of pain. This comes with bloating, sometimes gas, and sometimes diarrhea. And sometimes it's just pain. At first I thought it was milk causing it but I can go days drinking milk, and no pain. But then some days I will have a glass and I'm in agony. Sometimes it's avocado.

I'm really not sure what to do. I'm guessing the first thing is to go see my dr (who I 100% am happy with). My nana has just recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer and her brother died of it too and I think tummy and bowel issues run in the family. My cousin was diagnosed with coeliacs.

Anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would agree to going to the doctor. You also might try a food diary to see what foods aggravate your system. Let us know how you are doing. Best wishes.

I would agree to going to the doctor. You also might try a food diary to see what foods aggravate your system. Let us know how you are doing. Best wishes.
Yes exactly. And also the doctor could run some simple tests ie blood tests to check inflammation markers and whether you are positive for coeliacs disease. You could also do a stool sample to check fecal calproctin. This is a very sensitive test and a good indicator for if something like IBD is going on.

Trysha

Staff member
Going to see your doctor is a good start and the sooner the better.
He/she will likely send you to a gastroenterologist who specializes in enteric issues,and will be able to determine the cause of your problems.
It's good to hear you have a doctor that you can trust
Please let us know how it goes for you.
Feel better soon
Hugs
Trysha