• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weird lump my lower left abdomen

I have Crohn's and was recently diagnosed with a flare after a colonoscopy and gastroscopy. I have been on a reducing does of predinsolone steroids to try and control the flare. About 1-2 months ago I was prodding around my abdomen (as you do) trying to see if anything hurt more or less than usual, as I was doing so I felt a long tube-like hard lump near my left hip bone, it starts about 2 cm away from the top of my hip bone and continues to about 4/5 cm above my pubic bone. It doesn't go with bowel movements and I usually feel sharp stabbing pains in that area with a bowel movement although the pain does occur intermittently throughout the day, and there is pain when I press on it, but it's not super extreme. I'm not really sure what it could be, I tried some research but the internet is a bad place to look :p . It would be really great if someone out there could put my mind a little at rest because I'm not going to be able to see my consultant for about 2 weeks. Thank youu x

I'd go see your GP if it's a long wait to see your consultant. I don't want to worry you but I have a psoas abscess and my symptoms started fairly like this. I then started getting hip pain and sciatica. I've been on antibiotics for a month now and they couldn't drain it. Waiting to see what next option is now. As I said I don't want to scare you but your better of getting it checked. Even if it's something else at least you'll have a head start on it. Hope it goes well