• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Day 3

I had my first Remicade infusion on Friday. Last week, I was going to the bathroom 15-20 times/day, blood off and on, exhausted from being up every hour through the night, in pain all day, nauseous every morning.

Three days makes such a difference! I slept through the night last night for the first time in weeks. I went to the bathroom 4 times yesterday. No blood. No nausea. Still having some pain, but not bad enough to take pain pills. I'm just using a heating pad when needed. That mouse juice is a miracle drug! After 14 months of flaring, I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel! :ybiggrin: :soledance:

I'm paranoid about getting drug-induced lupus, but it's probably a silly fear. I just can't imagine joint pain so bad that I can't move. How long does it usually take for that to develop, if you're going to get it?

YAY!!!!!! I'm SOOOOO happy to read this! You must feel like a million bucks now.

I'm kind of worried about the joint pain as well. I've noticed some mild-medium pain in my hands and knees for the past week or so. For now I'm going to chalk it up to all this rainy weather.

I'm very happy for you, This is from the Rat man, I love the juice too.

DOn't worry so much about the l;upus thing. For one thing it's a very rare thing and two if you think to much about it you'll go crazy.

If it happens it happens. for now you feel great so enjoy it!! Deal with tomorrow tomorrow.

Enjoy!!

That is so great. My son just had his 3rd infusion and has no more syptoms. He's gaining weight and finally feeling great. Don't worry about the lupus it's very rare. Good Luck I hope you feel better and better every day.

:highfive:

After all of the pain and problems you've been having, that is FANTASTIC news!

Hope it helps for years and years!

The pain did get bad enough for a pain pill yesterday, and today isn't looking much better. But only 4 bathroom trips again yesterday, 5 so far today (one middle of the night). It's a little setback from the past couple days, but still miles ahead of where I was a week ago.

suschex

Suzanne
I hope today turned around for you! I am so excited for you that there has been some relief after so very long without any! I hope it only gets better and lasts for many years!!!

Hello. How long can a person live with Crohn's without treatment?
My husband says he's had symptoms since he was 19. He is 47 now. He has had one test that says he doesn't have it. But now they want to do another test that is more thorough. He hasn't had the money to pay for it yet. If he's had Crohn's disease this long wouldn't have been diagnose already? Wouldn't they have figured it out by now?

Hello. How long can a person live with Crohn's without treatment?
My husband says he's had symptoms since he was 19. He is 47 now. He has had one test that says he doesn't have it. But now they want to do another test that is more thorough. He hasn't had the money to pay for it yet. If he's had Crohn's disease this long wouldn't have been diagnose already? Wouldn't they have figured it out by now?
I had it for over 25 years with no treatment - never diagnosed. I finally had a perforated bowel and almost died - they figured it out then. Maybe he has something else if he's gone this long without it blowing up.