• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade Program Question

We submitted the EOB and itemized statement from the hospital for DS' last two infusions like I've always done in the past (but we have a new insurance company this year) for the Remi reimbursement program. I got a letter today saying Remi isn't able to process the request because the "document does not clearly define the out-of-pocket expense for Remicade." I'm supposed to submit an itemized statement for the date of service. Problem is, I did. I sent everything that I've always sent in the past, the difference is that the new insurance company's EOB is very vague. It only lists "OP MISC SERVICES" and "CHEMOTHERAPY".

I'm not sure what to do next?

I would call Remistart first. I've had some questions for them in the past, and they've always been surprisingly helpful over the phone. Maybe they will even have past experience with your current insurance company and will be able to tell you exactly who you need to contact to get a more detailed EOB. Good luck--hope it turns out to be easy.

We submitted the EOB and itemized statement from the hospital for DS' last two infusions like I've always done in the past (but we have a new insurance company this year) for the Remi reimbursement program. I got a letter today saying Remi isn't able to process the request because the "document does not clearly define the out-of-pocket expense for Remicade." I'm supposed to submit an itemized statement for the date of service. Problem is, I did. I sent everything that I've always sent in the past, the difference is that the new insurance company's EOB is very vague. It only lists "OP MISC SERVICES" and "CHEMOTHERAPY".

I'm not sure what to do next?
I went through the same thing after our health insurance changed. I called and spoke to customer service and the EOB was sent over again and approved.