• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ok a little jealous of your stomas getting names.. Whats your stomas name?

maria

I love you God.
ok a little jealous of your stomas getting names.. Whats your stomas name?

LIL stomy :ylol2:

Last edited:

ekay03

My dog has hands!
lil Stomy is a fine name :) I don't have a stoma but I do have a hernia that I have named Helen. Helen the lil hernia :)

My stoma looks like a strawberry and so I named it Berry. I was gonna name it stoma Steve, but Steve was the name of the parasite I had a few years ago

When I first got my stoma in 1986, I named it Phil the bag (get it? Fill the bag). Then in 1996 I started to date (now married) my husband name Phil.

Years later whenever I'd talk to my best friend about Phil being a pain or causing trouble there would be a bit of confusion...which Phil is it? your husband or the ostomy. So after my surgery in August 2010 which was a revision, and out of respect for my wonderful husband, I changed the name to Bob as the stoma would "bob" up and down when it'd go.

Now whenever I see one of my many doctors (aka my A team) they will always ask me "How's Bob doing?" I will tell them, "fine, thank you for asking."

:D:D:D If I really wanted to be a wise @ss, when I was asked how I was feeling, I'd say WITH MY HANDS!!! hee heee heeee . My physicians LOOOVVVEEEE seeing me. :rof:

I've had three stomas. I don't really have any story behind the names, but can you see the connection between all of the names?
1st- George
2nd- Dubya
3rd- Jeb

maria

I love you God.
When I first got my stoma in 1986, I named it Phil the bag (get it? Fill the bag). Then in 1996 I started to date (now married) my husband name Phil.

Years later whenever I'd talk to my best friend about Phil being a pain or causing trouble there would be a bit of confusion...which Phil is it? your husband or the ostomy. So after my surgery in August 2010 which was a revision, and out of respect for my wonderful husband, I changed the name to Bob as the stoma would "bob" up and down when it'd go.

Now whenever I see one of my many doctors (aka my A team) they will always ask me "How's Bob doing?" I will tell them, "fine, thank you for asking."

:D:D:D If I really wanted to be a wise @ss, when I was asked how I was feeling, I'd say WITH MY HANDS!!! hee heee heeee . My physicians LOOOVVVEEEE seeing me. :rof:
hahaha thats awesome.. I like this :)

Nyx

Mine's called Oscar...as in Oscar the Pouch, and sometimes the Grouch....lol

Mine looks like a clown nose and makes lots of squeals and fart noises at the worst times, so my husband named it Sideshow Bob.

i have Stewie the stoma who was born on 9th of feb 2012, after the pj's i wear are stewie from family guy, the nurses here find it quite amusing :)
Like Stewie from family guy he like to keep making noises lol

My stoma is called BBTU.
My hubby named it(gender unsure of at the moment). It stands for belly button 2. My boys on the other hand think thats too girly so they are coming up with another name soon!
I dread to think what it will be because they are both mad on Halo and Transformers!
I will let you know what the outcome is.

So funny story.... Today I was seeing my ET nurse and we were talking about how I was doing with my stoma. I told her that I named it Berry, she started to laugh. I told her it was because it looked like a strawberry. She then reminded me that my surgeon that brought it into the world is named Barry. I had totally forgotten that, to me he was Dr. Sullivan. It made me smile :)

I watched The Blob with Steve McQueen a few days before i went for my Op and when i first saw my blob it had eyes and a nose and was looking up at me quite lovingly and it reminded me of The Blob, so i called it 'El Blobito' :ylol:

I watched The Blob with Steve McQueen a few days before i went for my Op and when i first saw my blob it had eyes and a nose and was looking up at me quite lovingly and it reminded me of The Blob, so i called it 'El Blobito' :ylol:
That is the funnest, I called my stoma the blob!!!:applause:

I called mine Kermit as just after he was "born" he would make noises like a frog!

Like the above poster i then got pj's with kermit on!

I then developed a Fistula next to Kermee which i names Fozzie the Fistula (bit of a muppet theme going on there!)

The 2nd fistula though wasnt given a cute name it was just called "slit eye" as it was surgically drained and i was left with a draining slit in my hip.

When i had surgery to reverse the ostomy and remove the fistulas i felt sad that all my "muppets" were being "murdered" lol

However the noise, pain and bloating i have now i reckon they were not murdered, just buried alive and they are trying to get out!

My boyfriend named mine Margaret. Not too sure why, but it has stuck. I then remembered my consultants name is Margaret. She doesn't know thank god! Would be a bit awkward!

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
Mine is named N.A.H. it is an acronym that my 17 & 19 year old sons give it. I think it is pretty easy to figure out what the acronym stays for.

I named my stoma Norman, which all the nurses and my consultants thought was great.
Norman has now gone, but has unfortunately been replaced by Gordon the fistula, who (rather rudely) pushed his way out of my surgical wound. Tsk.

My stoma is named Audrey after the man eating plant in Little shop of horrors. Every time it starts getting noisey I say it's saying "feed me seymour! Feed me!"

My stoma is Ginger. Many friends were bringing me pillow pets when I was in the hospital, and I named all of them. My wound /ostomy nurse suggested I name her... I had been referring toy stoma as a her. The first name out of my mouth was Ginger! I feel it's helped me better deal with the situation. Everyone who needs to know knows her name, which is helpful when she has a tantrum and needs attention tight away.

annawato

Staff member
Squirt, cos that all it ever does although mostly I refer to it as that bloody nuisance.

Mine is called Stewart.... I've had him for just over 20 years. He's part of the family & we talk about 'him' all the time. Not sure why I decided on. Male name, it just suited him the first time I saw him 😜

Barbara not sure why but my mam came up with it and its just stuck. She's really noisy sometimes just wish she would be quiet and has got a mind of her own!

My former Stoma was called Junior. I got it from the nickname colonel O'Neil gave T'ealcs (spelling) Goauld Symbiote in Star Gate. I thought it was appropriate since the thing poked out through my stomach and had a mind of its own.

Named my Stoma BoB,no rhyme nor reason for the name,just always say bob for anything random,and my stoma bag is getting an ASDA sign on it,so next time i go into asda and they ask me if i would like a bag for life i'll just pull up my tshirt and say naw i already have one haha....probably get kicked out of asa and barred for life

Mine is Little Stoma. When first home from surgery and learning the ropes of changing, I would talk to it. "Ok, Little Stoma, it would be great if you could slow down so I can change the pouch." "Alright Little Stoma, we made it through the night without leaking." Sounds silly now, but it stuck.

i keep calling it " you little effing bstrd" doesnt seem to matter when i do a change the damn thing always makes itself known, called it a lot worse this moening , having my first big leak with it , what a way to wake up

hahahha yep it can fairly get ya using language that'll make a soldier blush, had to tell my neighbour i was ok after it acting up during a change, standing at the sink in the bathroom with the window open, and letting fly at full volume with the eff's and c'ees , musta sounded like i was murdering someone in the bog lol

nogutsnoglory

At first I wanted to call mine Pooey Herman but I have decided to call him buddy. Pooey is too negative and I gotta treat him like a friend. We have a love/hate relationship. I wish he would shower more often because he stinks!

My husband went the political route with his naming of the stoma.
We've been married 25+ years, yet have never agreed politically, so I find it highly offensive! :rof:

DDs stoma is named Izzy. It works great for asking her questions about him. How izzy (is he)? We talk about Izzy like she is a pet. We keep her clean and healthy and just like all pets, she sometimes has accidents on the floor. Thank god for hardwood floors ;)

nogutsnoglory

I'm starting to talk about mine like its a pet too. The pet from hell that I wanna get rid of but I gotta be nice to it as long as it's around.

Be thankful you can get rid of it. We are facing permanent ileostomy for my 5 year old. We are at the point where we are thankful for Izzy being our only option at this point. Sorry you are not happy with it.

nogutsnoglory

Time will tell if 'Buddy' will stick around. It makes me so sad that a 5 year old needs to understand any of this. I hope it at least improves life quality so they can have as normal of a childhood as possible.

I decided to name my stoma Sally, as a nurse named Sally was particularly kind to me when I was in hospital. I have no plans to ever get her reversed. :)

My stoma's name was Pancake. He left me a few years ago, and my colon is begging and protesting for him to come back!

I just got mine yesterday and considering what is going on in Eastern Europe Ive decided to name mine Vladimir since he is PUTIN (lol corny, I know).

It was either that or Enrique, which randomly came to me tonight.

HD

nogutsnoglory I also named mine Buddy for the same reason. I haven't used the name in many years because I just don't think of it that much but I always wanted to give it a positive connotation.

I just can't get my mind around giving it a name. I did name it, as I posted earlier on this thread, when I saw everyone else does, but I still don't think of it by a name. :p It just doesn't feel like it has its own identity, it's just another body-part to me.

My husband and I were getting jokes ready before my surgery even happened and were just waiting for the day to be able to use them. I had no plans to give mine a name. However, because we are weird anyway, it just fit right in for a name to happen. It seems to detach the awkwardness of the whole thing and others have come to know about Bob. People who felt uncomfortable to ask about my surgery now feel free to ask about Bob because they see that it is a funny thing for me rather than a taboo subject.

nogutsnoglory

I only call mine his name when he behaves but otherwise I tend to be a little verbally abusjve and call him other things. He is still my pet I should be understanding when he doesn't quite know what he is doing pisses me off.

I Meet mine on Thursday and have already named it Lennon.

You'll only understand the name and the reason why if your from Scotland.

My husband and I were getting jokes ready before my surgery even happened and were just waiting for the day to be able to use them. I had no plans to give mine a name. However, because we are weird anyway, it just fit right in for a name to happen. It seems to detach the awkwardness of the whole thing and others have come to know about Bob. People who felt uncomfortable to ask about my surgery now feel free to ask about Bob because they see that it is a funny thing for me rather than a taboo subject.
2thFairy it does come with the best jokes doesn't it? My husband says we had to get a dog because he had no one to blame farts on ;) every time we hear "get your head out of your butt", or "opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one" we have a good laugh.

I think I might resume using my stoma's name for the sake of my very verbal 22 month old daughter... can't wait until she brags to her preschool mates how mama poopoos in a bag. Good thing I'm way past being embarrassed about it!

2thFairy it does come with the best jokes doesn't it? My husband says we had to get a dog because he had no one to blame farts on ;) every time we hear "get your head out of your butt", or "opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one" we have a good laugh.

I think I might resume using my stoma's name for the sake of my very verbal 22 month old daughter... can't wait until she brags to her preschool mates how mama poopoos in a bag. Good thing I'm way past being embarrassed about it!

While I can't understand the feelings about kids since I don't have any, I can most certainly say that having a dog to blame the gas on would be funny joke that should never get old. We have two golden retrievers who are not afraid to relieve their own gas urges. One will get somewhat embarrassed when we say "Riley, was that YOU?" In a deep voice (LOL), but it's all in good fun. Pics attached of dogs:
(taken last September)

Nobu is the name of the sushi restaurant that I was at when my symptoms for this whole stoma journey started ~ ha ha!! besides, it looks a little like sushi :)
it's sort of a joke between me and my very patient husband.