• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Emergency room or active Crohn's

Hi guys hope everyone is well as can be improved still awaiting mri and other investigations would appreciate a little advice I'm in agony post two days with right side upper pain under rib cage and leaking feaces I hate the emergency room cause it's 20 miles away and I'v to take the baby with me and arrange the other kids I have a feeling this pain is possible something to do with the leaking any advice please

Hi. I am sorry for what you are going through and that the emergency room is so far away. I don't know. I am just guessing but I would say there is probably some connection between the leakage and the pain. Don't let it go too long. Please let us know how you are doing.

Right-sided pain is a main indicator of Crohn's disease. I've had it my entire life. Got diagnosed when I was 29 years old. I suggest you see a gastroenterologist, aka GI, to treat you properly. It took me a while to find that out for myself. Please don't wait.TE=Amac;973331]Hi guys hope everyone is well as can be improved still awaiting mri and other investigations would appreciate a little advice I'm in agony post two days with right side upper pain under rib cage and leaking feaces I hate the emergency room cause it's 20 miles away and I'v to take the baby with me and arrange the other kids I have a feeling this pain is possible something to do with the leaking any advice please[/QUOTE]

Hi guys if I go up to emergency room they will keep me and it means a night away from the kids so I've phoned out of hours doctor Im imaging I would need a scan or x ray right sidded pain under rib cage and leaking from back passage I hoped it would settle down but it's getting worse I waiting on doctor to phone to see if they could give me pain relief until I sort something tomorrow

I didn't think of it immediately when you mentioned pain under your rib cage. Before being diagnosed with Crohn's I went to several doctors who could not help me. After talking about my symptoms to several friends, one told me about her husband and how he just had his gall bladder removed. For me, this was close to end of year in 1993. I'd been ill and in pain...even had what, to me, felt like I was having a heart attack on my right side. After the first of the year I met with a surgeon I found through that same friend. I took a test called a CCK ( forgive spelling: coli-systo-kinen coli-systo-gram) that proved my gallbladder was diseased. That is common among people who have Crohn's. I learned that later when I spoke with a woman who worked at the local Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. After sharing symptoms with others I knew it was my gallbladder. Plus my Grama was one of those who had hers removed. Then I was fortunate to find the doctor/surgeon who agreed. Until you can be seen by doctor, I would eat no fat foods. I did eat a lot of chicken fried rice with no MSG...it worked for me. Then I saw my GI doctor a bit after surgery and started on the road to being diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Please keep in touch. I've found that we are our own best advicates when it comes to our health and our bodies...especially before you are getting the treatment you need. xo

I didn't think of it immediately when you mentioned pain under your rib cage. Before being diagnosed with Crohn's I went to several doctors who could not help me. After talking about my symptoms to several friends, one told me about her husband and how he just had his gall bladder removed. For me, this was close to end of year in 1993. I'd been ill and in pain...even had what, to me, felt like I was having a heart attack on my right side. After the first of the year I met with a surgeon I found through that same friend. I took a test called a CCK ( forgive spelling: coli-systo-kinen coli-systo-gram) that proved my gallbladder was diseased. That is common among people who have Crohn's. I learned that later when I spoke with a woman who worked at the local Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. After sharing symptoms with others I knew it was my gallbladder. Plus my Grama was one of those who had hers removed. Then I was fortunate to find the doctor/surgeon who agreed. Until you can be seen by doctor, I would eat no fat foods. I did eat a lot of chicken fried rice with no MSG...it worked for me. Then I saw my GI doctor a bit after surgery and started on the road to being diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Please keep in touch. I've found that we are our own best advicates when it comes to our health and our bodies...especially before you are getting the treatment you need. xo
Thanks so much dawn in the er atm they have mentioned my gallbladder to my surprise I have had anal abscess fistula cavity inside my back passage diarrhoea infection this pain is different although I am leaking from my back passage I'm confident it's not another abscess I could be here two to three hours I'm told thanks I'm am so needing support right now xxx

None the wiser guys had x rays done they said my bowel was all bunged up but they think the pain is gallstones so they are going to do a ultra sound scan on the 24th although im for a mri on the 27th I am completely baffled but I'm glad nothing is blocked wich is what I was panicking aboutwas there 7 and half hours altogether

Thanks cmack I feel like a time bomb lately thank god for this forum it's my sounding board x
Hi again! I sent you a message last night and it didn't appear??? I just wanted you to not be afraid if you needed gallbladder surgery. And to let you know you ARE NOT alone. It's such a good feeling to get some confirmation and also information that takes away worry. It sounds like your doctors are getting you in to take care of your pain and questions. I will keep praying for you!

Hi again! I sent you a message last night and it didn't appear??? I just wanted you to not be afraid if you needed gallbladder surgery. And to let you know you ARE NOT alone. It's such a good feeling to get some confirmation and also information that takes away worry. It sounds like your doctors are getting you in to take care of your pain and questions. I will keep praying for you!
Hi dawn no didn't see you're message last night thanks you I'm totally railroaded today so tired yes they think iv gallstones I have heard this is possibly related to Crohn's ???

(Maybe i didn't press Submit all the way?)
My gallbladder was removed before I was diagnosed with Crohn's. A woman from the CCFA mentioned the connection to me. I just looked at when your doctor appts are and they are getting you in soon. That's great! Looks like you are on a solid path to get the treatment you need. Please keep me and all of us informed. I just got on forum a few days ago. This is all about you! And how you are not alone. (Now I know I'm not either! My info maybe some time. When I read yours everything sounded so familiar I had to "chat" with you. Remember to breathe. Seriously. I learned that from a Crohn's worker. I breath in and out through my nose. Helps with nausea if you have it. Hang in there!