• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

45 degree Stealth Belt

I have been reading some of the Stealth Belt reviews, but haven't seen any for the 45 degree belt, I ordered one last week, obviously haven't received it yet, but I'm hopeful it will be a success.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this variety ?.

It seems to me, the 45 one would be a good compromise, I don't fancy having my bag on horizontally, and being rather short, I find wearing my bag vertically a bit awkward, so I wear mine at a jaunty angle anyway.

DJW

Forum Monitor
I've not tried it. I believe Veganostomy has. Hopefully he will be along soon.

I haven't tried the 45 degree Stealth Belt, just the regular horizontal one. I'll be interested to know how it goes for you.

Sent from my SM-N910U

I read your review of the original belt, which sounded great, I'll let you know how I get on, but being in Scotland, I won't get it for about a month I should imagine.

I read your review of the original belt, which sounded great, I'll let you know how I get on, but being in Scotland, I won't get it for about a month I should imagine.
I'm in Canada and I believe it took a month to get! I think they've sped up their production.

Sent from my SM-N910U

I received my belt today:dusty:
Unfortunately there's either been a mix up at the company, or it's my error, I ordered a 45 degree belt, assuming they meant 45 degrees across my stomach, what I have is a belt that needs to be worn across my right hip, which I can't see working.
I just rechecked the site, and there's no mention of the belt being worn across the hip, and no photo either.
So if anyone is tempted to buy a 45 degree belt, be aware !.
I've sent an e mail off to them, I'll post back when I get a reply.

I received my belt today:dusty:
Unfortunately there's either been a mix up at the company, or it's my error, I ordered a 45 degree belt, assuming they meant 45 degrees across my stomach, what I have is a belt that needs to be worn across my right hip, which I can't see working.
I just rechecked the site, and there's no mention of the belt being worn across the hip, and no photo either.
So if anyone is tempted to buy a 45 degree belt, be aware !.
I've sent an e mail off to them, I'll post back when I get a reply.
Can you post a photo of what it looks like when worn?

Will do VO, probably tomorrow.
I got a reply, and it is meant to be worn over the hip, which just sounds weird to me, but heyho, I'll give it a go.
They did suggest I could also wear the belt upside down, so the zip was at the top, which I'll try too.
If anyone is thinking of ordering one, it would be a simple matter to get in touch with the company, and specify it to be made over the stomach.

The 45 degree belt.
It is very well made, but not what I was hoping for, other than the mix up previously mentioned, I found the fastening too bulky, and the whole thing a bit of a faff, to me, it doesn't do anything a belly band doesn't.
As you can see from the photo, if I was wearing anything clingy or thin, it would be pretty obvious there was something there
The one good thing I liked about it is that it doesn't squash your stoma, which I dislike doing, because it's the part next to your skin your tightening, the pouch part stays slack.
I did wear it with my Ostomy Resolutions guard, which I would recommend to anyone, great design, and so comfy !, the guard that you can buy with the belt is pretty useless as it's just a flat piece of aluminium, so if you got a knock, it would still hurt.
As for wearing my pouch over my hip, not impressed, currently if I'm emptying, I can just sit on the pan, and empty it out between my legs, no fuss, dead quick and clean. Wearing the pouch the other way meant a rather awkward balance on the edge of the pan, or a thigh crunching crouch, it was also difficult to keep my clothes out of the way whilst emptying.