06-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Venison

A long time before I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease ,I ate venison a couple of times and it didn't bother my stomach. Last night ,I had some and I was on the toilet four or five times. Why did I have trouble tolerating it last night?
06-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
StarGirrrrl

My Support Groups:
I think the answer is in your message- pre CD you were fine, and post CD you were not.

Something about the venison I should think does not agree with your system now you have Crohn's disease.

Also it sounds like something you eat rarely so that could be another factor.

I have had to give up many foods since becoming sick. Some I give up totally but others I try again with after a little while when my confidence is back. Then I find out whether I can (or should) resume a favourite food and sometime's I can't.

In addition occasionally I can successfully build up a tolerance to something which bothered me in a large dose.
2014 IDA & low B12.

June 2014 admitted to Hospital 3 nights as emergency transfused 2 units of blood. Dangerous case of anaemia.
Caught by pure chance!
Cause currently unknown but suspected CD.

Waiting on blood & stool results from January.

Hoping to stop anaemia treatment soon & lower B12 daily dose!
06-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
LindaS

My Support Groups:
I think StarGirrrrl hit the nail on the head. If you haven't had it since you developed CD, then it probably is the CD. Also, if you're having symptoms now, that could be the cause.
06-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I agree its likely the disease itself but isn't venison tougher to digest? Maybe it's not so great in a flare.
06-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I had a resection in 2010. My wife gives me the impression that eventually there will be some foods I can enjoy again.