• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Where you are from map.....

Added. Im actually quite surprised at the lack of people from my area on here, being from the northeast (us) and all.
Niki, Are you from right by Atlantic City? If so thats sweet. Me and my friends take weekend trips there all the time, we even have one planned coming up in a few weekends

I'm on the bay directlybetween Atlantic city and ocean city... About ten minutes to either. I went to college in Philly, and lived there up until this past year, so I am kinda surprised there isn't anyone from there on here...oh the joys of moving back in with the parents :ylol:

I'm on! Wow, I live pretty close to a few people. Let me know if you're in the Chico area!!

It's amazing to see how many people are here from all over the world. Makes me wanna travel...

I am new to this Forum stuff... So I added myself.. this map is nifty.. I thought it was weird that I didnt' see any markers from people around my area :(.. Sad

This was mentioned on another thread, and was actually something I thought about doing before but never got around to.

Here is a map that you can pinpoint where you are from - you don't have to put your exact address in - even point to the nearest big city - so you can still be a bit anonymous.....

http://www.zeemaps.com/253605

If anyone is interested in adding their info - let me know, this IS password protected so I'm not sure if you need the password to save it or view.....
Great Idea I've added myself Scotland

tried twice to add myself my firewall is blocking the site I did as my firewall said and added the site to the exceptions and still no luck. Can You Add me please.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
The map still works just fine for me. I don't recall ever making an account or anything. Paso's original post says something about it being password protected, but I didn't have to enter a password to view it (maybe you need to enter a password to edit it?).

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I still can't see it. The link in the first post takes me to the homepage. Can you copy the link again and paste it here?

Never had to sign up or enter a password.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Yeah, I just clicked the link that's in the first post of this thread, too. It takes a second to load but then it comes up just fine.

This was mentioned on another thread, and was actually something I thought about doing before but never got around to.

Here is a map that you can pinpoint where you are from - you don't have to put your exact address in - even point to the nearest big city - so you can still be a bit anonymous.....

If anyone has any problems adding yourself please let me know and I can do it for you.
Is this still active? When I clicked the link above, it takes me to a create a map page. I like the idea, but have no idea how to add myself. I did create an account, but I still can't find this groups map/

jill

If anyone has any problems adding yourself please let me know and I can do it for you.
Hi, when i click on the link it just goes to the create map page...do i need to log in or something?

I can't decide if this confirms that IBD is predominantly in developed (first world) countries.........

Very interesting! That's what I love about the forum, you can be anyone from anywhere and you are not judged by status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or even how bad or not your illness is! Welcome to our world!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
i live in Vienna,Virginia. Can you add me?
I added you. Sorry that took so long. :)

I really like using the map because it helps other members when you want to tag others to a thread who are from the same location. It helps us help all of you. :)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Adding yourself to the map is really easy to do by following the instructions in the first post: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showpost.php?p=322700&postcount=1

If you need help we can add you to the map, just let us know your city and state/country/province. :)

ronroush7 whenever someone on the forum asks for help and I'm not sure how to help them because of their location I sometimes check out the map in the link in the first post of this thread and zoom into that specific area then hover my mouse cursor over different markers to see who's in that area. Since you're using a mobile device you may have to click on each one to see the name. I just manually type the names into a post to tag people who are from the same area in hopes that they can be of more help which usually they are. :)