• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hmmmmm

So someone I know just posted this on Facebook. He is kind of into conspiracy theories and I take everything he posts with a bucket of salt.

I've tried googling this and I can't find any information that isn't completely biased or without an agenda. Nothing I've found takes a balanced look at both sides, so I thought you guys would know much more about this!

I suppose I'm taking notice this time because it's something that does actually effect me, although it makes me feel like getting Crohn's is my own fault and something I could have prevented. Plus it doesn't exactly take into account the genetic element.

Let me know what you all think!

Stephanie Seneff is a computer scientist at MIT. She developed an interest in leaky gut syndrome and in 2011 began publishing articles about it in journals that are not well peer-reviewed. She attributes a slew of "modern" diseases to Monsanto's use of glyphosate, including autism, which most scientists believe has a genetic component. However much I despise Monsanto, many of Seneff's claims are poorly researched and biased.

That said, I think diet plays an important role in our overall health and am very careful about what I eat, as are most of us.

Stephanie Seneff is a computer scientist at MIT. She developed an interest in leaky gut syndrome and in 2011 began publishing articles about it in journals that are not well peer-reviewed. She attributes a slew of "modern" diseases to Monsanto's use of glyphosate, including autism, which most scientists believe has a genetic component. However much I despise Monsanto, many of Seneff's claims are poorly researched and biased.

That said, I think diet plays an important role in our overall health and am very careful about what I eat, as are most of us.

Yes, I found it very interesting to read the other day that Andrew Wakefield was partially on the right track with saying that vaccines caused Crohn's, which leads to leaky gut syndrome which causes autism. I believe there is now an established link between autism and the gut flora?

When I voiced that sentiment I got my head bitten off by someone accusing me of being a stupid anti vaxxer [emoji23]

I've never missed a vaccination i was eligible for in my life!

I don't follow the vaccine debate much. It is a hot topic obviously to discuss potential negative side effects, and even the roll vaccines played in largely ending diseases. Improved sanitation and improved diets played a large role in disease prevention also.

Yesterday I saw something on the HPV vaccine and negative side effects some experience that caught my attention. The young women highlighted, that experienced negative side effects, described their symptoms as abdominal pain, nausea, dizziness, and were very tired.

The symptoms described reminded me of how I can often feel with my IBD condition. It is of course hardly proof. I did find it interesting information to learn that potentially a vaccine could bring about these symptoms.

The Danish program can be viewed here ~

TV2 Denmark documentary on HPV vaccine shows lives of young women ruined

https://www.sott.net/article/295871...HPV-vaccine-shows-lives-of-young-women-ruined

I don't follow the vaccine debate much. It is a hot topic obviously to discuss potential negative side effects, and even the roll vaccines played in largely ending diseases. Improved sanitation and improved diets played a large role in disease prevention also.

Yesterday I saw something on the HPV vaccine and negative side effects some experience that caught my attention. The young women highlighted, that experienced negative side effects, described their symptoms as abdominal pain, nausea, dizziness, and were very tired.

The symptoms described reminded me of how I can often feel with my IBD condition. It is of course hardly proof. I did find it interesting information to learn that potentially a vaccine could bring about these symptoms.

The Danish program can be viewed here ~

TV2 Denmark documentary on HPV vaccine shows lives of young women ruined

https://www.sott.net/article/295871...HPV-vaccine-shows-lives-of-young-women-ruined

Yes, I've heard of some issues with it but nothing specific. That's one I actually haven't had, I was just too old by a whisker when it was released. My mum wanted to pay for me to have it privately but we never got around to it.

From what I've heard it's being rolled out to boys here too, so the reported issues with it must be a very negligible. I will try to watch that link but in the meantime do you know if the symptoms were fairly immediate and permanent? It's so difficult isn't it, some symptoms are so nondescript and without any obvious underlying cause that it must be easy to blame something like a vaccine. Trouble is without proof it can be so damaging.

I know I've done it, I put my rosacea down to a persistent allergic reaction for over a year. I constantly dismissed my Crohn's symptoms as being down to stress/ needing more sleep/ being lazy as they were very subtle to start with.

That does seem to be the problem with vaccines and potential side effects. It can be difficult to pin point the vaccine as the cause. That is mentioned in the video and article. The girls mention their symptoms beginning soon after receiving the vaccines. A common theme with them is that all were athletic, always on the move. After the vaccine being able to play sports, of even get out of bed, was no longer possible. The documentary highlights the difficulty the young women have in being recognized by the medical establishment. Most have not been able to receive compensation.

Along similar lines, I remember seeing a few weeks ago some in the UK won their a court case for negative side effects from the flu vaccine. The negative effect experienced was narcolepsy. The government didn't believe their story of the flu shot for being the cause for the narcolepsy though. The courts decided different. I guess now though medical authorities are dragging their feet at providing compensation.

Good question about how long the symptoms last. I don't know. The girls in the video seem to believe their symptoms will last a life time. One young lady traveled from Denmark to the UK to receive alternative treatment. It was her last option. She felt the treatment helped, she had more energy, but it wasn't a cure.

cmack

Staff member
I have had my pesticide dispensers license. Glyphosate (roundup) clearly states on the label that it is not to be ingested. It is a serious problem with GMO foods, when they are sprayed they are resistant to the effects, yet they absorb the substance as well as the weeds that are targeted. This stuff should not be used on food crops. It even gets worse when you feed cattle or pigs or chickens tons of it, it is stored mainly in the fat of the animal and is then very potent. The higher you go on the food chain the worse the levels become, this is why meat triggers a lot of issues with peoples insides. All my doctors have told me it is causing leaky gut syndrome. I don't believe just anybody. I know for a fact that it is used for "soil sterilization" which makes it a very potent antibiotic. We all know that too many antibiotics kill all the bad stuff along with the good, they are indiscriminate killers. Grass fed/naturally fed animals, without excess antibiotic levels are far less of a problem. Look into it more deeply and it becomes clear.

That does seem to be the problem with vaccines and potential side effects. It can be difficult to pin point the vaccine as the cause. That is mentioned in the video and article. The girls mention their symptoms beginning soon after receiving the vaccines. A common theme with them is that all were athletic, always on the move. After the vaccine being able to play sports, of even get out of bed, was no longer possible. The documentary highlights the difficulty the young women have in being recognized by the medical establishment. Most have not been able to receive compensation.

Along similar lines, I remember seeing a few weeks ago some in the UK won their a court case for negative side effects from the flu vaccine. The negative effect experienced was narcolepsy. The government didn't believe their story of the flu shot for being the cause for the narcolepsy though. The courts decided different. I guess now though medical authorities are dragging their feet at providing compensation.

Good question about how long the symptoms last. I don't know. The girls in the video seem to believe their symptoms will last a life time. One young lady traveled from Denmark to the UK to receive alternative treatment. It was her last option. She felt the treatment helped, she had more energy, but it wasn't a cure.

I will definitely try to watch this tomorrow! Very interesting subject, I try to keep abreast of both sides and be objective but I guess confirmation bias is a problem on both sides!

If they couldn't even get out of bed then that sounds quite nasty. Problem is there's so many things it could be and the timing is just unfortunate. Until I have any solid proof of anything I will be hedging my bets with vaccines. If I'm proven wrong I will hold my hands up! Problem is we have this in my job all the time so it makes me less sympathetic. We recently changed our products to comply with a new law and it's now proven safer than ever. We've even gone above what the legislation requires of us.

It feels like a huge amount of people have complained that the change is totally unbearable and actually think the products are faulty and therefore harmful because they are different. It's actually 0.2% complaints compared to what we've sold which is less than usual overall! We've sent out samples to some customers who have complained to try as a possible alternative and they've preferred the product they complained about when tested in a blind trial. It makes me doubt so much of humanity lol!

cmack

Staff member
I have had my pesticide dispensers license. Glyphosate (roundup) clearly states on the label that it is not to be ingested. It is a serious problem with GMO foods, when they are sprayed they are resistant to the effects, yet they absorb the substance as well as the weeds that are targeted. This stuff should not be used on food crops. It even gets worse when you feed cattle or pigs or chickens tons of it, it is stored mainly in the fat of the animal and is then very potent. The higher you go on the food chain the worse the levels become, this is why meat triggers a lot of issues with peoples insides. All my doctors have told me it is causing leaky gut syndrome. I don't believe just anybody. I know for a fact that it is used for "soil sterilization" which makes it a very potent antibiotic. We all know that too many antibiotics kill all the bad stuff along with the good, they are indiscriminate killers. Grass fed/naturally fed animals, without excess antibiotic levels are far less of a problem. Look into it more deeply and it becomes clear.
This is for real Peeps!

Interesting! I believe that here in the UK there's a lot of restriction on this kind of thing. That's one of the big worries of Brexit and losing the EU farming regulations, that this will no longer be policed to the same degree and we could end up with much less safe food as a result. The classic examples given are chlorinated chicken and cows injected with growth hormones if our PM does a deal with Trump!

I will definitely try to watch this tomorrow! Very interesting subject, I try to keep abreast of both sides and be objective but I guess confirmation bias is a problem on both sides!

If they couldn't even get out of bed then that sounds quite nasty. Problem is there's so many things it could be and the timing is just unfortunate. Until I have any solid proof of anything I will be hedging my bets with vaccines. If I'm proven wrong I will hold my hands up! Problem is we have this in my job all the time so it makes me less sympathetic. We recently changed our products to comply with a new law and it's now proven safer than ever. We've even gone above what the legislation requires of us.

It feels like a huge amount of people have complained that the change is totally unbearable and actually think the products are faulty and therefore harmful because they are different. It's actually 0.2% complaints compared to what we've sold which is less than usual overall! We've sent out samples to some customers who have complained to try as a possible alternative and they've preferred the product they complained about when tested in a blind trial. It makes me doubt so much of humanity lol!
As mentioned earlier, I really do not follow the vaccine debate much. Truly! I don't. With that said come to think of it I remember seeing an article recently on a study that was not published that did not find a link between Crohns and vaccines. Of course the sample size might be wrong some would argue. Who knows. The article can be seen here:

"First Peer-Reviewed Study of Vaccinated versus Unvaccinated Children (Censored by an International Scientific Journal) Now Public"

http://www.ageofautism.com/2017/02/...nternational-scientific-journal-now-publ.html

In the video I had sympathy with the young women. Hopefully a cure can be found. I suspect they and their families are right. Vaccines can have negative side effects. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the cause of their health issues. Proving it is a different story. Agree, people can be dishonest also. I remember reading the country of Japan not long ago, a year or two, took a different position. Japan stopped recommended the HPV vaccine due to the many complaints received of negative side effects.

cmack

Staff member
I wish everyone all the very best. It just so happens I am very educated on certain subjects. LOL Trust only one thing about me. If I don't know, I don't talk, other than to offer support. I always like to be supportive, and to keep learning more. Life is a big long course we take on how to survive.

Just my thoughts.

my little penguin

Staff member
Sorry but vaccines would not explain Crohns
There are a few toddlers and infants on the parents forum that never had a single vaccine
And still have Crohns
Ate organic food and still have Crohns
Some tried to blamed type of birth
Use of abx
Living near a farm
And yet none of theses explain kids and infants who have Crohns

They need to do a lot more sound research
Finding "links" with adults are easy to blame abc
But finding links for infants and little kids with far less "exposure "
To the "cause" is much harder

Fwiw my kids both had vaccines and only one has Crohns
No family history either