• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

CT scan - some thickening of proximal duodenum?

Niks,
I have read of other people with GP who have that issue. But I am not sure if it is related to the GP or because of their other diagnosis. It seems that GP is usually caused by something else and so is considered a secondary diagnosis.

This page http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/UrinaryRetention/#sec3 lists the causes of urinary retention as
  • obstruction of the urethra
  • nerve problems
  • medications
  • weakened bladder muscles

Is she on any medications now?

Some people with abnormal gi motility have associated autonomic dysfunction that can cause urinary retension, and other symptoms (including abnormal sweating,blood pressure and heart rate fluctuations

Did they ever figure out why she was passing out a while back?

Thanks xmdmom

She still takes prucalopride and has a weekly change butrans patch.

Her passing out is due to pain, her heart rate goes up to around 160, she passes out, it goes down and she comes round again, Often this keeps repeating until her pain eases.

Butrans is uncommonly (.1-1%) associated with urinary retention. I'm glad she's being evaluated by the urologist.

What did the doctors who ordered the catheterization think is causing the retention of urine?

They blame absolutely everything on her bowels/constipation/vomiting! They think that if she is really backed up, it could cause her bladder to be squashed and meaning it makes it hard to urinate, and her vomiting causes dehydration, causing kidney stones!

The last time she passed kidney stone in hospital they sent her urine for cultures. It came back with 'a very nasty' infection. She was not told about this as once kidney stone passed she went home.

She only found out at her last Urology Appointment!

Hi niks

sorry again for not being in touch for some reason l don't get emails anymore to say post updated. From what l have heard from my sister her niece has gone into retention she has severe GP and is pretty poorly . Drs have told her retention caused by same virus that's affected her bowel, l think it must be something different though as she has not had any good episodes poor love. UCL want to admit but she is refusing.
pops

Hi Niks,

How is your daughter getting on? I was wondering if she had ever been investigated for parathyroid problems? Or had a calcium blood test at any time and it was either over or under range?

I'm am currently being investigated for this as my bone density has decreased and they are trying to find out why. Since being told this I have being doing more research on the parathyroids and it seems hyperparathyroidism causes low bone density, kidney stones constipation, abdominal pain & a lot more and this is when I thought of your daughter. It can be caused by a few things, but there is a secondary hyperparathyroidism that is a consequence of bowel disease eg coeliac/crohns.

I thought it was worth mentioning and possibly ruling out :)

Hi B Baker

Thank you so much for your message. She certainly has a lot of those symptoms, I will do some research!

Unfortunately we are at a stand off with Oxford, she STILL doesn't have referral to London, and it is driving me crazy, but she hasn't been too bad through this flare, not once admitted to hospital!!

Thank you. Will take a look

x

Wow, that is terrible, pleased she's not been to 'bad' lately but that is soo not the point.

I hope you hear from them soon, but if you don't and she worsens, I would if at all possible find a consultant you like, ideally in London that works both private and nhs (in a London nhs hospital- they have so much more to offer test etc wise), pay for the initial consultation and most do put you back in the nhs to see them. Unfortunately, I've had to do this more than once, but they seem to take you more seriously this way and it moves things on a hell of a lot quicker.

Really hope you get some answers soon, all the best, Beth Xx

Ok so quick reply as off to work soon.

Has been manic, we've moved house. Everything that could have did go wrong! Have decided to do a degree in Leadership and Management for Social Care, which is a lot of work and on top of that my sister got diagnosed with Breast Cancer, her prognosis is good but have signed up to do a 20 mile walk next weekend so trying to get some training in!

Jaime has been on the whole much better. A couple of hospital admissions, but generally her pain and vomiting is much better. She has had more problems with urine retention, vomiting blood and black tarry stools and bright red rectal bleeding.

She finally saw the most amazing doctor at University College Hospital in London last week! She read referral letter and asked her her main symptoms. She then ignored referral letter and started from scratch! It was like the first time anyone had every listened to her! She was shocked at all the previous diagnosis.

She has referred her to a top Urologist and prescribed a new medication, although she hasn't started it yet and I can't for the life of me think what it was called, but she wants her to take it alongside Prucalopride. Pruclopride apparently can stop working on nerve receptors so it needs to be stopped periodically for 2 weeks and then restarted. She has never been told this! She asked if she'd had 24 hour cortisone testing and several other tests that we'd never heard of. She tested a lot of bloods that have never been done before.

She wants her to try irrigation, which she's setting up in Oxford if they can do it if not back to London, and she thinks she would be high priority to have a pacemaker fitted! She wants to see her again in 4 months.

We came out of there thinking that finally we were getting somewhere!! :D

I hope that all of you and yours are doing okay, I really haven't been on here for so long.

Nike,
So very glad to hear! it sounds like she is finally in with a good doctor!!! Keep us posted, I was just thinking of you guys!

hi niks
Wow you are busy sooo glad you finally got to see them at UCL my sister says they are wonderful, do keep us posted what they come up with
pops

Hi Niks
Been racking my brain trying to remember the name of syndrome but basically she has an abnormality with her Autonomic nervous system causing her peristalsis to stop also her urology consultant has diagnosed Fowlers disease urinary retention UCL had her in for a month as she was so poorly after Christmas coping at home now, she shares similar symptoms to Jamie but hers don't come and go, all brought on by a virus they think, Jamie is certainly in the right place now they have been so thorough with her.
katie

Thanks Pops, glad she is at home, hope she feels better soon. I have looked at some Automomic Neuropathies and they do explain a lot with Jaime's symptoms so hopefully we'll get somewhere soon!!

So.... We now have a brand new symptom! Numbness of face, pain around eye, but not behind and her face keeps dropping from time to time! Her left eye lazy and at the moment she can close it, but Doctor thinks if it gets any worse this could change.

Grrrr, CT scan was clear, but hospital calling her on Monday to see if she's any better to arrange MRI. Doctor at hospital today thinks all could be linked!?

Pops, she's still waiting for appointment from Neurologist in London... Neurology in Swindon are going to assess her on Monday though.

Happy, thank you we did wonder about this and the Doctor today considered corticosteroids, but as her symptoms come and go, and she said there are two types of problem, one that causes numbness/pins and needles and one that causes weakness, and she has both! She has never seen this before! The Doctor thinks it really could be connected to her Gastroparesis as they don't know the cause of this either yet!

I am glad that it was considered as the treatment window is very short.
So sorry to hear that your daughter is having more difficulties--but so glad to hear that she will be seen by neurology soon.
I was just thinking about you and Jamie a few days ago. Despite your daughter's additional problems, it is good to hear from you.
How are you doing? Are you managing to stay well even with the additional stress? How is your Leadership Program going? And your sister--how is she doing?

My sister has just had her 5th out of 6 lots of treatment, and is starting to feel it, very tired and just feeling grotty, but doing great! I am going out there (Sydney) at the end of August for 2 and a half weeks, I can't wait!

Course going well! I didn't think I'd enjoy it and a lot of work but it's great thanks.

Am just looking through to check up on everyone else!

Well glad to hear that other aspects of your life are going well. Tell Jamie we are all still thinking of her and we hope that she gets some answers and help for her new problems quickly and that her other ones are sorted soon as well!

Hope the neurologist can maybe help piece together the puzzle. Crossing fingers her new symptoms don't get any worse. Have a good time in Sydney

Thanks guys, she got Neurologist appointment in London through today for 25 June. Swindon should call her on Monday too. Her face is still very numb, and she dribbles! Which she is not impressed with but the droop has definitely improved

Hi Niks,
I was just thinking of you guys. Sorry to hear about this new symptom. Glad she got the appt though. Have a great time in Sydney!

Quick update!

Jaime through her flare and doing great at the moment, really hoping that it lasts longer this time. She's started doing a Nursing Mental Health Course and so far coping well.

Her tilt table test was interesting, however didn't prove anything much. She passed out twice, once with fast breathing exercises and the other time being tilted at 90 degrees. This apparently only showed disassociated collapses.

She is going to an appointment in Oxford tomorrow for training on Peristeen irrigation, this was recommended by consultant in London, and she is a little dismayed that this has only just been arranged for her. This can be done daily and at home, so hopefully will help when she gets chronically constipated.

She has had several episodes of rectal bleeding, but no one seems bothered about this.

When unwell her main problems are holding down food and fluid, chronic constipation and pain. When we were last in London I had to borrow a wheelchair as she was unable to walk more than a few meters and was in so much pain, was in and out of consciousness. The consultant was horrified that she still hasn't got a pain management team on board, (she still doesn't).

She has had several bad kidney infections, with a lot of blood in urine. And also another kidney stone. Urology just put this down to her bowel dysmotility, as they say everything is connected and has a knock on effect.

But.... At the moment all good. Very little pain, bowels working better and able to eat and drink!!! Really hope it lasts this time!

If only we could work out what triggers the gastroparesis flares, then maybe we could try to get on top of it completely!!

Hope you and yours are all doing okay!!

xx

Hi Niks!
Great to hear from you. I am glad she is feeling good right now. I wish you could figure out what is causing these flares as well. Fingers crossed that you get to the bottom of it and that she continues to have good days!

Niks,
I am going to try to speak with some others who have gastroparesis and see if we can get some advice for you and Jaime and see if we can figure out some ideas of what her underlying diagnosis may be.
Can you list all her symptoms for me that she has ever had since all this started?

Niks,
I am going to try to speak with some others who have gastroparesis and see if we can get some advice for you and Jaime and see if we can figure out some ideas of what her underlying diagnosis may be.
Can you list all her symptoms for me that she has ever had since all this started?
HI Kim

She started with Abdo pain at 15. She had appendix (not the problem) out and then was referred to gynae.

Numerous tests, and finally exploratory laparoscopy showed no endometriosis as thought, but inflamed bowel.

Symptoms subsided, so she was treated for IBS from GP.

She had rectal bleeding around 17/18 and was referred for colonoscopy, was given prednisolone foam for proctitis. So second diagnosis was proctitis. Soon after this her pain got much worse, she has severe abdo pain and she started vomiting. She was (mis) diagnosed with, crohn's disease and then coeliac disease. Coeliac from biopsies, which showed 'coeliac tendencies'. Gluten free did not help at all, so they have said she is not coeliac.

Since she has had chronic constipation, having to used citramag to clear bowels and even this doesn't always work and can vomit every thing she eats and drinks, and her pain is so severe, she often passes out. She also has a lot of urine/kidney infections and bleeding, urine retention and stones. This is apparently due to bowels being so congested.

She has 2-3 months of severe symptoms, followed by 1-3 months pretty much symptom free! this has been the pattern for the last 3 or so years.

Her gastroparesis was finally diagnosed after many years of IBS diagnosis from the stomach emptying scan. They decided she had moderate Gastroparesis, however she was at the end of a flare, and I am sure if it had been done a week or two earlier she wouldn't have tolerated the test at all.

Thanks for your help!!

Nikkie xx

Niks,
I have started doing research for you and one of the possibilities I have come up with that was mentioned on the gastroparesis forum is mitochondrial disease.
Take a look at the link, people do not have to have all the symptoms mentioned just some of them and she certainly fits the bill for some of them.
http://www.mitoaction.org/mito-faq#symptoms

Mehita - None of her scopes or tests showed crohn's. The diagnosis was given when she was admitted to hospital, but her consultant said it was wrong.

Thanks Kim! Will take a look!

X

Hmmm, she doesn't really fit into mitochondrial disease. Also it says that siblings are 100% likely to have the same condition. Both her brothers are absolutely fine.

I am really hoping the irrigation will keep her bowels going, which in turn will help with the gastroparesis! But we'll see :D

x

Maya142

Staff member
Niks -- If they have diagnosed her with gastroparesis, what are they using to treat it? There are a number of medications that might help -- Erythromycin, Bethanecol, reglan and domperidone are all used. My daughter also has gastroparesis and has tried all of the above (except reglan which scares us!). She's doing better now on Erythromycin and has a GJ tube -- she cannot keep her weight up without tube feeds.

There is also a disease called Chronic Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction which seems to have some of the symptoms your girl has.

https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/chronic-intestinal-pseudo-obstruction/

In individuals with CIP no such physical obstruction is present, hence the term pseudo-obstruction. Common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abdominal swelling (distention) and constipation. Ultimately, normal nutritional requirements cannot be met leading to unintended weight loss and malnourishment. CIP can potentially cause severe, even life-threatening complications.

Niks,
This site says 25% of siblings will have it but also from what I understand is that siblings can carry the genes but be fine.
But what Maya mentioned also fits somewhat except for the fainting part, I didn't see that mentioned. I definitely think she has some rare type of disease. Is there are rare disease center somewhere by you?

Maya142

Staff member
Is there any way you could get her to a motility center? I know of some in the US but none in the UK. There are many tests they could do that could shed some light on why she gets so sick.

Colonic transit time (Sitzmark) study
A colonic transit time (Sitzmark) study is a simple but effective method of studying how well the bowel propels food along. Normally, it takes only a little time for food that is eaten to progress through the small intestine into the colon. It then may take longer periods for the remaining material to pass through the colon and to be expelled as stool. There are several ways of performing the study. In some laboratories, for example, three capsules containing small markers are swallowed, one on each of three successive mornings (Days 1, 2 & 3). On the following day (Day 4) and three days later (Day 7) a plain x-ray of the abdomen is taken. All of the markers seen on the x-rays of each day are counted and added together. This number is the total transit time. This test is very useful for detecting different types of constipation.
http://www.aboutconstipation.org/site/symptoms/colonic-inertia

Sooo... Thought I'd update on what is going on with Jaime.

She started doing Peristeen irrigation. For an entire 3 months this worked like magic! No vomiting and able to irrigate well, every other day. Some pain, but generally did really well. Then January it just stopped working.

She was in a terrible state, with no bowel sounds and absolutely nothing moving through. She stumbled across a cororectal surgeon who was absolutely amazing! Referred her for transit study and barium scan. The same time during this admission she saw a surgical emergency doctor who couldn't understand why on earth she had been left with osteoporosis with no explanation. He did a blood test, which has clearly never been done before. Her PTH level was extremely elevated!! Symptoms of this are constipation, kidney stones, osteoporosis, reflux, headaches, just to name a few!!

She has now got an appointment to see an Endocrinologist.

Anyway we went today to get results from transit study. ALL of the markers were still there! So they are starting applications for funding for a bowel simulator. This won't be a cure, but will hopefully give her time before bowel surgery. It could take months before funding is agreed, but at least something is being done!! Thank goodness for this Surgeon. I really think we would still be going around in circles!!

Hope you and your kiddies are all doing well!

Nikkie xx

Very glad you finally have some doctors taking things seriously and that they are finally figuring things out! She has been to long without proper care. I hope this leads to treatments and her feeling much better!

Hi Niks,

So glad you came across a good doctor, very rare in the nhs these days!! I had a high PTH too. From what I gather a high PTH can be caused by the parathyroids themselves and if that is the case it's a minor op to remove them and if like in my case it's due to malabsorption I have to take calcium and have my urine and blood calcium levels checked on a 6 month basis to make sure I'm getting enough.

Really hope all these tests give you some answers, all the best.

Wow, thank goodness she got to see that surgeon. Fingers crossed the funding doesn't take too long. Such a relief when things actually get done, hope all this helps her a lot.

Niks,

Wonderful news! So glad to hear that someone seems to finally "get it." I really hope you have some good answers soon.

Cheryl VT

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
Niks, what a relief to finally get some answers I'm sure! I hope the PTH thing leads to a long-term fix for her. I'm glad she had a 3 month reprieve with the Peristeen. Thanks for the update.

Hi! Long time since I've been on here, but thought some of you may want to know what's happening.

Jaime is still really struggling. The funding for the sacral nerve stimulator was refused!! ARGHHHHHHHHH! She was heartbroken and felt that her life would never improve.

I did a fundraising page for her to trial the stimulator in November and managed to raise the full amount £2700 in just 24 hours, incredible. She had the trial for 3 weeks at the end of November and beginning of December. It worked better than we could have ever dreamed. She was urinating frequently (normally once a day if she's lucky - I didn't even know this!). Her bowels started working pretty much immediately and within 10 days she was able to empty her bowels daily without irrigation. This to her was a miracle! She was able to go to work daily and she also was going out socially. She said she felt 'normal'.

The stimulator came off much to her relief (as it was stuck on her buttocks and she could not bath or shower throughout) on 20th December. She was able to have a Christmas feeling fairly well, but has been going rapidly downhill ever since. It seems that her bowels have just stopped working and she has had severe pain, passing out, vomiting, chest pain and last week was admitted because she had really blurry vision and lost the feeling in her lower legs. This is new. GRRRRR. My first thought was B12. They tested and said it was low 102 - but not low enough to cause these issues and not low enough for infusions. I had a big arguement saying this had happened before with numbness and confusion when her level wasn't considered that low. After three days of being in hospital they did another test to see how her B12 absorbs (I can't remember what they were called, there were two and they had to be sent off so didn't get results) - She was then prescribed B12 infusions, so I guess someone else thought this could be a problem.

She has had to have physio and is able to walk with a crutch but her legs go into spasm when she is walking, this seems to be slowly improving.

We have re submitted the funding application with the evidence that the trial worked, but still no guarantees that this is going to be accepted.

8 years later and still really no further forward, she is in fact much worse in herself.

I really hope you and yours are doing better than she is.

Hopefully next update will be good news!!

Nikkie xx

Really sorry to hear things have gone downhill again. Wish they could come up with something! Hope they give her the funding for the stimulator now that you have some evidence. Thinking of you both

Dancemom - does your mother have it for slow motility? In the U.K. They will happily find for incontinence, but they say that not enough research ahead been done for chronic constipation and slow transit xxx

Dancemom - does your mother have it for slow motility? In the U.K. They will happily find for incontinence, but they say that not enough research ahead been done for chronic constipation and slow transit xxx
She had incontinence and constipation due to trauma during my delivery. She suffered over 30 years before receiving the stimulator. They did very little testing...just a colonoscopy (which was normal).

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
I'm really happy that she found something that could help her for awhile. I'll pray that the funding goes through this time. Weird that she crashed after. I wonder if there was any connection. Praying for long term solutions and hope for her.

Nikki,
I am so sorry to hear about Jaime. I was just wondering how she was so am glad you posted an update. I am really hoping she can get the stimulator.
We have been going through so much as well. They think Caitlyn might have something called Ehlers Danos Syndrome. We have a million doctor appts over the next few months. It is just crazy.

Nikki,
I am so sorry to hear about Jaime. I was just wondering how she was so am glad you posted an update. I am really hoping she can get the stimulator.
We have been going through so much as well. They think Caitlyn might have something called Ehlers Danos Syndrome. We have a million doctor appts over the next few months. It is just crazy.
Sorry to hear she's not doing well. I hope you get the answers you need soon. :hug: xx

I'm really happy that she found something that could help her for awhile. I'll pray that the funding goes through this time. Weird that she crashed after. I wonder if there was any connection. Praying for long term solutions and hope for her.
Hi, thanks for reply. The trial was a temporary stimulator that was stuck to her. A tiny wire and electrode was inserted through her skin and stimulated the sacral nerve. This triggered her bowel to contract and her bladder to empty properly. Once it was removed 3 weeks later her bowels stopped... Was expected. xx

Whatever happened with the elevated PTH and seeing the endocrinologist?
He said it was a 'freak' result!! The next levels were within normal range.

Her bowels are the main problem. They were very slow, but now they just stop, with no bowel sounds. Her gastroparesis is obviously going to be bad, with nothing moving from her stomach if her bowels can't move, so still vomiting lots. For me, if they can get her bowels moving, then her stomach will follow, I could be wrong.

The only thing that helps (not including the stimulator), is being admitted to hospital, given IV anti sickness (nothing else touches her), and IV pain relief, and then 8-10 picolax/citramag. They normally try 2 twice a day. She does still take them at home, but finds it difficult to keep them down.

I just wonder why her bowels have completely stopped working. It is like they just grind to a halt. She still gets rectal bleeding and mucus from time to time.

Niks,
Seems to me she really needs to see a specialist who deals specifically with these issues of motility to find out what is behind this.

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
Yes, it is baffling. We must not lose hope. I hope that Jaime is finding ways to be strong through all this. Let her know we are cheering for her and hoping/praying the NHS will approve her stimulator quickly!

Niks,
Seems to me she really needs to see a specialist who deals specifically with these issues of motility to find out what is behind this.
She doesn't even have a Consultant anymore, she isn't 'under' any specialist, it is all so frustrating. Gastro at Oxford pretty much ditched her when he realised that her bowel doesn't work, which is something that I'd been asking to be tested for years! She moved on to a Surgical Colorectal Team, but since the stimulator was refused, she has also dropped her. She has her GP and the private Doctor, who did the trial....

I am going to see if I can find a specialist, thank you Kim xxx

Jaime called me today, hysterical. She asked if I was sat down, I thought someone had died!! She had a call from her nurse saying that her funding has been approved and she's having stimulator fillted on 17th March! I can't believe it!

Wooooo hoooo!! After all this time, and it's so close now
:yoshijumpjoy::yoshijumpjoy::yoshijumpjoy::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi:

That's so wonderful!!! And about dang time. I hope it works for her. So does this mean she's back under the care of the colorectal surgeons??

That's so wonderful!!! And about dang time. I hope it works for her. So does this mean she's back under the care of the colorectal surgeons??
Yes she's back under colorectal surgeon. She's a little apprehensive, when she was initially told about this procedure, she was told it would be done under general anesthetic, but she's having it done under local. It takes about an hour and a half. When they put in the temporary stimulator, they needed her to tell them when she was feeling sensation and where, so maybe this is why.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. xx

Hi All

Stimulator fitted last Friday. Went well. She's feeling bruised and sore but okay! Just waiting for it to start working. Apparently there's many programmes, so may not work initially, they may need to play with the programmes.

Will keep you all posted.

Nikkie

Hi All

Stimulator fitted last Friday. Went well. She's feeling bruised and sore but okay! Just waiting for it to start working. Apparently there's many programmes, so may not work initially, they may need to play with the programmes.

Will keep you all posted.

Nikkie
My mother has had to adjust her settings as well. You'll find what works.

Hi all, hope all going okay with you all.

So.... Still not found right setting, but she's working through them for a month at a time so could take some time.

Urine retention getting worse, and having to self catheterize, however tubes so small had to have them stretched (again). This is the exact wording from the letter from the urologist, received today....

"Jaime underwent cystoscopy today and I am sorry to let you know that she has a large capacity bladder and the bladder looked moderately to severely floppy. Her urethral was found to be modestly tight and i performed a dilation. I plan to see her in 6-8 weeks time and we will take it from there."

I don't like "I am sorry to let you know" - but surely can't be dreadful or he would have seen her sooner?

So confused, does anyone have any experience of these symptoms and have any idea what it could be. Could it all be connected?

Many thanks in advance

Niks

I don't think she has! It's just frustrating that there are more and more things that are going wrong for her.

Thanks for your reply I will check this out xx

Latest update.

Jaime has had a really scary time. Nothing has really improved. At the beginning of February she woke up with Bels Palsy - face dropped (third time). She was really struggling with the pain from bowels so got admitted to Swindon. Fluids, IV anti-sickness and pain relief - was sent home to take her picolax. She thinks she passed out in the bathroom but the next day she had slurry speech, this got worse throughout the week, to her not knowing where she was, not able to recollect the right words and then only being able to say a word or two together, she also was very wobbly on her feet.

Took her to Oxford, didn't know who should see her, ENT, Gastro, Neurology, Medics. After being up there all day felt she had bels palsy and concussion. Because she 'fell in the river and hurt her head' (sentence took a very long time for her to say). She was sent home. I wondered if it was low B12 so had her GP send her for tests at Swindon, who also felt was concussion. B12 came back fine.

Had a letter to review bels palsy in Oxford last Friday. Neurologist said that you can't get bels palsy more than once, unless infection related.
Which hers isn't. They did lots of bloods including some genetics, and she has nerve conductor tests next month. She is weaker down left side and feeling is not the same on left side.

Jaime just wants to know what is happening to her, if she can do anything to improve all of this and if she will get better/worse etc. It is so frustrating, I hope all of you are doing better xx :heart:

Oh Nicks,
I am so sorry to hear. I was just thinking of you guys. I hope they get this figured out. She needs a complete neuro workup. I hope they do one. Pelase keep us posted.

J not been great, really not having any good days.

She has been getting a lot of rectal bleeding, her London Consultant requested all tests sent to her last November and an urgent colonoscopy, which she still hasn't had. :ymad:

She went to see her pelvic floor team to get programmes changed on stimulator, and we talked through all of this. We mentioned that she had seen neurology and some genetic testing. Her nurse looked on the Oxford system and found a letter dated from the end of May saying that she did 'indeed have a variant of MNGIE'.... :ymad: I have a copy of this, this letter was referring her for further testing and to a Mitochondrial specialist at a different hospital in Oxford.

This is now ridiculous. Looking at this it is a genetic degenerative disorder, it is not a good diagnosis. I am gobsmacked that this is still in limbo and no one has contacted her for further testing to confirm this.

I have emailed the contact on the letter, but pretty furious :ymad::ymad::ymad:

Anyone heard of this????

Hope all okay xx