• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello from me!

Hello everyone,

Just found the forum by accident while searching for info on sacroiliitis (had lower back pain for a while and its starting to p**s me off).So had better introduce myself.

Firstly, what a great forum.

So today I dug out my old IBD club book and have self diagnosed myself with it (sacroiliitis) as symtoms seem the same (ha ha). Anyway I hope it is just muscular but had it since mid may and just won't go away so trip to the doctors when I get back from riding my motorcycle for ten days round the Black forest, Dolomites and Alps etc departing next week.

Now the boring bit My Crohns story and I will keep it brief.

Had crohns symtoms from July 2001 and diagnosed april 2003 after 16 day stay in hospital (colonoscopy, small bowel enema thingy, intravenous steroids,anti-b's, peri anal abcess/ fistulas etc)

Been in remission for about 8 years thanks to care of my doctors and 4g of pentasa and 150mg of azathioprine daily.

Very complex peri anal fistula which I had for 7 years healed up last year with help of about 2 MRIs, 1 Ultrasound and lots of operations for putting in seton drains.

I class myself as lucky,apart from a few daily aches and pains I feel very well, I'm not steroid dependant I have not taken any since about July 2003. I try not to let Crohns get me down and live a relatively normal life and make sure it does hold me back from what I would like to do.

I hope everyone will get to remission some day.

Astra

Hiya Stretch
and welcome fellow Brit

Or, it could be Ankylosing Spondylitis! Another auto immune thingy me bob!
I think there's some peeps on here with it too.
Enjoy your jollies, just take it easy with a sore back on your bike!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Thanks for the warm welcome and info.

I hope it is not that, have suffered bad backs before but this is different.

Not that painful just a dull ache on the back of my pelvis which feels almost like cramp but is worse after sitting, standing for a period of time. worse still first thing in the morning and has woken me up turning over in bed.

And sometimes pain goes round to hip joints and tops of legs?

Think I will see my GP, who would you see to get a diagnosis a Rheumatologist?

Thanks for the warm welcome and info.

I hope it is not that, have suffered bad backs before but this is different.

Not that painful just a dull ache on the back of my pelvis which feels almost like cramp but is worse after sitting, standing for a period of time. worse still first thing in the morning and has woken me up turning over in bed.

And sometimes pain goes round to hip joints and tops of legs?

Think I will see my GP, who would you see to get a diagnosis a Rheumatologist?
I had similar problem went to see gp and he referred me to another Dr and after couple of test they were satisfied.

I have Ankylosing Spondylitis with my crohn's. it's an informatory arthritis in your back, ribs and SI joints. it is treated the same way crohn's is basicly (and nearly all auto immune inflamation). This a ] is an association.
welcome! and good luck!
I am member at spondylits and it one heart warming community