• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Abscess with crohns

Hi I am suffering at the moment I have always known you can get abscesses with crohns and get one here and there but at the moment I have recently had 2 lanced and have another 4 I can cope with 3 of them they aren't causing me any bother but I have one evil one on my butt cheek it's incredibly painful all the time and making very difficult to sit or sleep it is currently huge and purple can anyone suggest what will help till I can get it lanced

Hi I am suffering at the moment I have always known you can get abscesses with crohns and get one here and there but at the moment I have recently had 2 lanced and have another 4 I can cope with 3 of them they aren't causing me any bother but I have one evil one on my butt cheek it's incredibly painful all the time and making very difficult to sit or sleep it is currently huge and purple can anyone suggest what will help till I can get it lanced
Oh sian92 I feel for you :( Hot baths and Flagyl seems to be the only relief that tides me over. But I'd get it drained asap xx