Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Traveling with humira

01-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
Ssvarner

My Support Groups:
Traveling with humira

Hello everyone. I need some serious advice. I am starting AmeriCorps (a 10 month service) in a couple weeks. We travel a lot for this program. I can always get my shot wherever I am. That is one thing they guarantee to me. The problem is keeping the numerous shots at the proper temperature for extended periods of time. I should have access to a refrigerator when we arrive at places, but other than that it is up to me. A cooler is a possibility. The problem is that ice packs are not ideal because we may be driving for 20 hours and I would be afraid that they would melt before then. How about ice? But then I would be afraid that it would get too cold. Anyway, any advice at all would help.
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I'm sorry you haven't received a reply yet Ssvarner.

I just replied to another thread that talks about traveling with Humira as well so I'm going to copy and paste some of what I wrote there.

I haven't traveled with it personally but found an older thread that talks about Humira and traveling: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=12698

Battery powered coolers (with a cigarette lighter charger attachment) have been mentioned in a few threads and some mentioned to contact Abbott (makers of Humira) about it for more info.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel (endometriosis), Tylenol 3 (Osteoarthritis), Zantac 150mg 2/day (acid reflux), Klonopin 1mg (Panic Disorder), Imitrex 25mg (migraines), Zofran 8mg (nausea)
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 19 years and counting.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Traveling with humira