• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Really stupid website

nogutsnoglory

I have the books mentioned and I wouldn't poo poo attempts at a raw diet. There are people here who have done well on it but it can also be dangerous for many of us due to its extremely high fiber foods.

That being said it's definitely no cure and this website is just looking to capitalize on our suffering.

I challenge you to find me a single doctor who has actually cured a case of Crohns, colitis, or IBS.
Umm because there is no cure.

I'm all for diet in addition to medication and following a healthy diet but this is ridiculous

Umm because there is no cure.

I'm all for diet in addition to medication and following a healthy diet but this is ridiculous
I know! That was maybe the most annoying sentence in it. Other offenders:
  • "It is our diet, along with our lifestyle, that causes the linked gastrointestinal problems that we suffer from." - right, so why doesn't everyone have Crohn's and UC, then?
  • "Meat, grains, dairy, eggs, and other processed, denatured, and cooked foods are what's causing our suffering." - So salmon is unhealthy, grains are processed and eggs are denatured/should be eaten raw?
  • "medicines only contributed to their ill health" - Er. :confused2:
  • "Headaches and sluggishness are not uncommon as your body detoxes" - or as you become malnourished and fatigued.
  • "I had colitis, which is a less severe manifestation of Crohns disease" :ybatty:

I'm sure a raw diet works for some people, but this site really, really needs to mention that for others it can be incredibly dangerous. And it also needs to brush up on its apostrophes. 'Crohns'...