• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mucus!?

Help! So im getting an awful amount of mucus in my poo. Sometimes i get it mixed with my diareeha bc i never have normal stools anymore. And sometimes i simply pass alot of mucus. Its a bit brown sometimes because of the stool and ocaissianly i get blood in my mucus but thats happend anout five or six times. What could this be help?

What tests have you had, if any? When there's blood in your poo you definitely need to get things checked out, as suggested above. (I had your symptoms and at first I was diagnosed with proctitis and then more recently with Crohns. However, these are symptoms that can apply to a whole lot of other problems and what you have wrong with you may well be something completely different. The cause can only be diagnosed after procedures such as medical examinations, blood tests, colonoscopy etc.)

What tests have you had, if any? When there's blood in your poo you definitely need to get things checked out, as suggested above. (I had your symptoms and at first I was diagnosed with proctitis and then more recently with Crohns. However, these are symptoms that can apply to a whole lot of other problems and what you have wrong with you may well be something completely different. The cause can only be diagnosed after procedures such as medical examinations, blood tests, colonoscopy etc.)

Hi, im having a colonoscopy on the 29th so there is probably nothing i can do and ive had 3 blood tests and 2 of them show im anemic and show inflamation.