• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade is my miracle drug.

I had failed every medication on the market. I had diarrhea for over ten years. I had forgotten what feeling normal was and freaked out at my first normal movement. I have had Crohn's from my mouth to the other end. I've been septic, had skin rashes, and suffered from Crohn's arthritis.

I am due for my 3rd infusion in 2 weeks, but can say that my diarrhea stopped one week after my 2nd infusion. I am testing new foods which, so far, I am tolerating beyond my most hopeful dreams. I am so grateful for what I believed to be impossible.

I had failed every medication on the market. I had diarrhea for over ten years. I had forgotten what feeling normal was and freaked out at my first normal movement. I have had Crohn's from my mouth to the other end. I've been septic, had skin rashes, and suffered from Crohn's arthritis.

I am due for my 3rd infusion in 2 weeks, but can say that my diarrhea stopped one week after my 2nd infusion. I am testing new foods which, so far, I am tolerating beyond my most hopeful dreams. I am so grateful for what I believed to be impossible.
I took remicade once upon a time can you take it multiple times?

Some people say yes and some no. My doc said it isn't good to go on and off Remicade because you can build up antibodies. When I answered but I can di that while I am on the drug too. He just shrugged his shoulders. I think the bottom line is as long as you do not have antibodies. I think there is a test or something they run. I actually went off roading last week and wasn't interrupted one single time. My husband has to use the restroom more than me. If that is not a miracle I don't know what is.

I was going to add that in some bizarre way I am happy they waited to give me Remi last because I wouldn't have taken the disease as seriously as I do now.

Yea but i took remicade the three series like 13 years ago. I was just wondering if you knew if you can take it then go back to it years later. I had asked a doctor once and they said no. And im kinda in crisis mode so im not sure if thats an option for me.

i have been on remicade for over 1 year and yes it is a miracle drug try having diarrhea for 20 years not fun i'm glad you feel better and it does only get better when i started remicade i was 86 lbs after 1 year iwas 107 lbs then i got sick at christmas and lost all the weight now i;m under 100 lbs again take care

Even if something happens and I develop antibodies or flare at least I have this now. And during this now I plan on living every single bit of it, well, most of it anyhow. I have always had what I called spells and the docs IBS. But I had never had chronic diarrhea with no let up. There were times of normalcy. Here's a prayer you start gaining weighr soon.

I will most definately find out about the remicade i go in march to my other GI doctor and i will ask im already on humira and they suggested i up that with 6-mp so lets see if remicade is an option bc it did help when i was younger.

Fantastic news!

Remicade is also my superdrug. Fixed it all mostly and no more moonface from having to take steroids.

It's my miracle drug too. When I was diagnosed with Crohn's back in November I was put on prednisone (got up to 50mg per day pretty quickly) which gave me slight improvement but not as much as my GI wanted. He recommend Remicade for me so I could get my life back quickly. I had improvement within a few days of my first infusion back in early December. Within a couple of weeks the diarrhoea had stopped altogether.

I had my third infusion last week and have managed to get back into exercise and have now finished my prednisone taper. Next treatment is scheduled for 1 May

Oh yes, me too. Exercising like crazy. Then, I herniated two discs and tore my rotator cuff. The doc gently reminded me I was 60, ya know. I replied I've been sick for ten freakin' years so those don't count. It didn't work, but a back brace does.